Jump to content
muzzamurray

18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

Recommended Posts

Need a striker in Jan imo, with Waghorn being used out wide it only leaves Nugent on the bench who doesnt offer much of a goal threat if we're chasing a game plus he is out of contract.

Solanke could be a good option, Okaka & Gallagher would also offer something different.

If we are able to get rid of 2 out of Anya Butterfield & Thorne id look at Dowell on loan

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Need a striker in Jan imo, with Waghorn being used out wide it only leaves Nugent on the bench who doesnt offer much of a goal threat if we're chasing a game plus he is out of contract.

Solanke could be a good option, Okaka & Gallagher would also offer something different.

If we are able to get rid of 2 out of Anya Butterfield & Thorne id look at Dowell on loan

Yes but Waghorn can play the main striker role with Josefzoon out wide.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Need a striker in Jan imo, with Waghorn being used out wide it only leaves Nugent on the bench who doesnt offer much of a goal threat if we're chasing a game plus he is out of contract.

Who's the current top scorer in League 1? I just want another Marriott please - Can we clone him?

I'd forgotten Anya was still on the books - Is he injured still?

Got to think Anya, Butterfield, Olsson (?) maybe Pearce and (hate to say it) Thorne might be on their way?

Would also like to see who gets a new contract - Huddlestone extension and Bryson new deal the obvious ones for me? Imagine Johnson will be looking for more football than we can give him and who knows on Ledley with his injury

Share this post


Link to post

Anya Butterfield Pearce Ollson Thorne must be on fair wages and are unlikely to have any future here .... is there any opportunity to loan with a view to buy in the Jn window ??

 

Back up keeper and utility defender to replace if these can be shifted out

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Anya Butterfield Pearce Ollson Thorne must be on fair wages and are unlikely to have any future here .... is there any opportunity to loan with a view to buy in the Jn window ??

 

Back up keeper and utility defender to replace if these can be shifted out

Ivanovic? 😎

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Ivanovic? 😎

Good player in his day and would be right up Rowetts' street but totally against FLs' philosophy of having a younger, more energetic squad. Prefer to look at who might be available in the 23-26 year old category and whilst Keogh and Davies fully deserve to be regulars, particularly at Championship level, in 2 years time they will be 34 & 35 respectively and we need to have suitable replacements ready to step in.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't think we need anyone in January personally. Only slight worry is if Kelle is up to it but if Shay Given thinks he is who am I to argue.

Exactly this. It' fun to speculate, but our squad is HUGE. MASSIVE!

Sometimes this season Marriott, Nugent, Josefzoon, Bennett, Holmes and Evans have missed making the squad as we have far too many players.

Others who can't get into the 18 are: Wisdom, Pearce, Ledley (currently injured but he wouldn't if he was fit), Thorne, Anya, Butterfield

Coming back from loans in January are Mitchell and Lowe. Olsson must be getting fitter.

Then Max Bird, Louie Sibley and others are doing really well in the U23s and second in the league. They should be knocking on the door of the first team squad.

The players are in this together - bringing someone in could easily disrupt the fragile balance. I'd want to shift 4 or 5 players out before we think about incomings. In January we'll have:

GK (1/3) Carson Roos Mitchell

RB (1/4) Bogle Wisdom Tomori Anya

LB (1/4) Forsyth Malone Lowe (Olsson)

CH (2/5) Keogh Davies Tomori Pearce Wisdom

CDM (1/5) Huddlestone Johnson Evans Ledley Thorne

ACM (2/8) Mount Wilson Bryson Holmes Johnson Butterfield Bird Sibley

WRF (1/6) Waghorn Wilson Bennett Josefzoon Holmes Anya

WLF (1/6) Lawrence Josefzoon Waghorn Wilson Holmes Anya

CF (1/4) Marriott Nugent Waghorn Bennett

So that's 45 decent options (from 32 players) for the 11 starting places.

Share this post


Link to post

A few may move on in January and a few more will sit on their contracts until they expire, if we bring anyone in it will very intresting who and for what position as we have Youngsters returning in January who may be just what we need

one wild card loan cover for Marriott and to sub him what about Sturridge from Liverpool  

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

A few may move on in January and a few more will sit on their contracts until they expire, if we bring anyone in it will very intresting who and for what position as we have Youngsters returning in January who may be just what we need

one wild card loan cover for Marriott and to sub him what about Sturridge from Liverpool  

I love Jack Marriott, but to suggest Daniel Sturridge would rather warm our bench than Liverpool's is not realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

A few may move on in January and a few more will sit on their contracts until they expire, if we bring anyone in it will very intresting who and for what position as we have Youngsters returning in January who may be just what we need

one wild card loan cover for Marriott and to sub him what about Sturridge from Liverpool  

He's been playing and scoring for them thugs season. Think that's a little on the unrealistic side. 

We need to be looking at the kind of strikers that can't get into mid table/lower table Prem teams in the same way Fulham did with Mitrovic last year. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.