18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

3 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Someb

Somebody said the same has you regards no money......he answer was Lampards said the same in the summer..with inference that he was not being totally truthful then and is probably not now.

It may be there was no money to work with, however, sales of Vydra and Weimann, plus Rowett compensation, and some big earners disappearing out on loan/out of contract, that was enough to reinvest with.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashley Cole now a must on a short term deal , Sam Gallagher on loan , one of Nathan Dyer or Wayne Routledge on loan and i think we need an experienced leader in midfield , maybe make captain , ive had a look at some of the squads in top two divisions and im prepared for some stick for this suggestion but Darren Fletcher could be the answer

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Forster on loan I am sick of seeing us leak goals where I expect a keeper to do better.

A commanding cb is a must! I would also try get a cm to suit mount such as King or Henri Lansbury could be worth a shout?

Fraser Forster ? What happened to him ? He was battling for the England number 1 spot not many moons ago .

7 hours ago, Simsy said:

Forster on loan I am sick of seeing us leak goals where I expect a keeper to do better.

A commanding cb is a must! I would also try get a cm to suit mount such as King or Henri Lansbury could be worth a shout?

Forster was making more mistakes than Carson when he last played for Saints.....if we loaned someone from them it would be Stephen Davis for me.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Anthony Knockheart on loan.

Ignore the fact he’s getting the odd game at Brighton in the Prem, I think he’d do a good job down the wing.

The “odd” game? Played in 17 of their 19 games. 

We are desperate for a presence in the middle of the park. a Bradley Johnson that's good on the ball would be ideal. We have no bite in there and it shows in every game!

Jeff Hendrick would be perfect but I think he's getting games at Burnley again. 

47 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

We are desperate for a presence in the middle of the park. a Bradley Johnson that's good on the ball would be ideal. We have no bite in there and it shows in every game!

Jeff Hendrick would be perfect but I think he's getting games at Burnley again. 

You say we need a midfielder with bite, then suggest Jeff? Would love him back, but he does not fit that mold! We need a Eustace figure/fully fit Thorne and for Bryson to lose a couple years

6 minutes ago, r4derby said:

You say we need a midfielder with bite, then suggest Jeff? Would love him back, but he does not fit that mold! We need a Eustace figure/fully fit Thorne and for Bryson to lose a couple years

Jeff has legs, power, box to box, he's a younger Bryson with more of a presence in my opinion. Thorne doesn't have any bite and never has, he's very similar to Huddlestone.

I think we are fine in the defensive midfield role with Huddlestone, Evans and Johnson. It's Bryson's area of the pitch where we need to improve, we need some legs and power!! There's no one in that time that can get the fans off there seat with a 50/50 tacklle, we are too easily pushed aside. I'm all for playing fancy football but it's all about balance and we need someone who's gonna grit there teeth and go to the trenches for the team. I'd happilly see Johnson play over Bryson at the moment but he's just no technically gifted enough for me. 

Archived