If Harry Wilson was English.

1977 Ram Raider

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not so sure just yet, for me mount seems to have just a little bit more all round game at the moment, from what I’ve seen of them both. Take nothing away from his peach of a shot he’s got on him though. Both will play regular premier league football very soon I’m sure.

Think i've already answered this in the other thread.

In general play so far this season, i would rate our wingers in this order;

Lawrence
Bennett
Wilson
Josefzoon.

And not one of them has been anywhere near good enough.

All of them have the ability (perhaps not Bennett) to be top players in this league but have to step up big time.

18 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Yes but again Southgate would big him up and not play him.........

Not having this. Did you honestly think Mount would suddenly be playing?

There is an integration process and Mount being away and training on international duty will be a big part of this. The jump he has already made is monumental.

Chalobah plays Mou

6 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Not having this. Did you honestly think Mount would suddenly be playing?

There is an integration process and Mount being away and training on international duty will be a big part of this. The jump he has already made is monumental.

So Chalobah (5 mins of Prem football) come on - Mount doesn't.......................................

16 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Chalobah plays Mou

So Chalobah (5 mins of Prem football) come on - Mount doesn't.......................................

So you'd stick a player on who has played more rather than to the game situation?

Whilst i agree there are probably better young options than Chalobah out there, he is a defensive midfielder and we was looking to see the game out. If we was losing, then Mount/ Sancho would have been on.

This is a case of just being impatient to see a Derby player on the pitch.

Others could argue that Mount shouldn't have even been in the squad when the likes of Hughes are performing consistently at the top level.

Archived