Sign in to follow this  
TuffLuff

Let’s recommend podcasts

As the international break is here just two quick updates

The Quickly Kevin episodes where they dissect the Steve Bruce novels have had my laughing out loud.

Been slightly disappointed with Serial this season. It’s been listenable but don’t think I’ve learnt anything or feel like it’s really grabbed me like previous seasons.

Edited by TuffLuff

Recently binge listened to Caliphate, which I thought was very good if you have any interest in the workings of Isis.

Aside that I’ve kinds struggled to find anything new to listen to that’s grabbed me.

For any fans of True Crime/The Staircase/Making A Murderer etc then I binged listened to the Bear Brook podcast last night and found it fascinating and really well done.

I wont spoil it, but a barrel was found in the woods and well, you can guess what was found inside it.

Footy ones - 

Athletico Mince

Steve Bloomers Washing

Radio 5 Live 606

The Magic Sponge

Movies - 

Empire Podcast

80's All over

Soundtracking with Edith Bowman

Shat The Movie

Smersh Pod

Not podcasts, but saw this recommended

http://listentoamovie.com/media/index.php?folder=MS4gTW92aWVzLyhDb21tZW50YXJpZXMp

Basically the commentary tracks from DVDs of popular films - so you can listen to it like a podcast.

Seems a good idea to me as I can never really be bothered to sit through the commentaries while in front of the TV, but listening to them like this is much more do-able

Dr Rangan Chatterjee - Feel Better, live more. Brilliant health & fitness podcast.

On the subject of doctors, i'm currently listening to War Doctor by David Nott. Amazing audiobook.

Elis James & John Robins.

It's a podcast for their new BBC 5Live show (Friday afternoon), having moved from Radio X.

Perfect for my sense of humour. Daft games & features, funny jingles etc.

The Kickabout by Johnny Vaughan makes me laugh. Plus if seven of you give it a listen, as recommended by me, that will guarantee me good luck.