Let’s recommend podcasts

TuffLuff

As the international break is here just two quick updates

The Quickly Kevin episodes where they dissect the Steve Bruce novels have had my laughing out loud.

Been slightly disappointed with Serial this season. It’s been listenable but don’t think I’ve learnt anything or feel like it’s really grabbed me like previous seasons.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

For any fans of True Crime/The Staircase/Making A Murderer etc then I binged listened to the Bear Brook podcast last night and found it fascinating and really well done.

I wont spoil it, but a barrel was found in the woods and well, you can guess what was found inside it.

• 3 months later...

Not podcasts, but saw this recommended

http://listentoamovie.com/media/index.php?folder=MS4gTW92aWVzLyhDb21tZW50YXJpZXMp

Basically the commentary tracks from DVDs of popular films - so you can listen to it like a podcast.

Seems a good idea to me as I can never really be bothered to sit through the commentaries while in front of the TV, but listening to them like this is much more do-able

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Quick update of what I’ve been listening to during lockdown

Got into Top Flight Time Machine, not gone too far back but it’s just Sam Delaney and Andy Dawson going on flights of fancy for 30-45 daily. I’m probably underselling it but I like it.

Ill recommend Gossipmongers and Parapod as two comedy ones. Just listen through them all.

Been listening to a lot of true crime, Atlanta Monster is good as is Murder In Oregon. The Man In The Window too. Currently listening to Mafia too. It’s not a category Id recommend listening to at night though

Finally Lost Notes which is a load of untold musician stories. Hit and miss but mostly good

Talking Sopranos - Michael Imperioli and Steve Schirripa (Christopher Moltisanti and Bobby Baccala in the show) discuss the great show from basic plot points to filming, script, acting, production, hidden meanings... all the good stuff.

Only just started, think there has been 2 episodes, they do one a week.

Not seen this thread before! 

Glad to see Athletico Mince on here. Love Bob Mortimer. 

As a Stevie Mac fanboy i feel guilty laughing at his bizarre encounters. Peter Beardsley's marriage is hell and we all know a Barry Homeowner. 

• 2 months later...

Archived