Nations League - Spain v England

Van der MoodHoover

Thought I'd kick this one off.

So we have.........Winks in for Henderson, Gomez in for Stones and probably Trippier in for Kyle Walker.

Young team, up against it......the Spanish national team stats paint a bleak picture for the young Lions (does that make them the Cubs?) Its a tough ground, but made memorable by Gerry Armstrong's winner for NI against Spain in the 1982 World Cup.........a bygone era when shorts were tight, shirts were shiny and Bris Vegas wasn't making waspish comments (not having been born yet).

I predict a 2-0 to Spain, with the Cubs having a go and being gallant but predictable losers. ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game is held in Seville at Real Betis’ stadium, Betis have a beautiful stadium. Would highly recommend for people to go there in a league match. The Seville Derby of Real Betis and Sevilla is one of the best derbies in the world for atmospheres.

As for the game, I’m going to go for a high scoring draw. I can see complacency creeping into the Spanish team with them being so far clear in front in the group.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The game is held in Seville at Real Betis’ stadium, Betis have a beautiful stadium. Would highly recommend for people to go there in a league match. The Seville Derby of Real Betis and Sevilla is one of the best derbies in the world for atmospheres.

As for the game, I’m going to go for a high scoring draw. I can see complacency creeping into the Spanish team with them being so far clear in front in the group.

oh dear - so not at the iconic Ramon Sanchez stadium? Pfft...

125/1 with William Hill for a 3-3 with 55/1 for a 2-2. Get your cash on!

17 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Just find this whole tourny a bit meh, tbh. Can't see the point. Euros and the WC great, but this just seems like a pointless bolt-on to me. Hope Southgate at least plays some youth tonight. Watching Henderson and Dier in midfield last week was well..... dire! 

Nothing can be worse or more mundane than the friendlies of recent years. At least there's some element of competition involved and hopefully reduces the chances of a complete team swap at half time.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Nothing can be worse or more mundane than the friendlies of recent years. At least there's some element of competition involved and hopefully reduces the chances of a complete team swap at half time.

Wish he would swap the teams at halftime. At least we'd get to see what Maddison, Sancho and even Mason can do. 

Archived