Non-League Day 2018

LE_Ram

Went to Eastwood V Selston.

Excellent set up these days at Eastwood with a well refurbished clubhouse (decent cheap beer too).

Both in the same league with Selston top and flying.

Eastwood controversially went 1-0 up when it looked like about 5 attempts were well blocked on the line. Apparently one went in.

In to the 2nd half and it only looked a matter of time before Selston equalised. Eastwood hit them on the break to make it 2-0 towards the end and a couple of minutes later made it 3.

Was disgusted by the treatment of the officials who i thought had a good game. Both benches and sets of fans should be ashamed tbh.

And we wonder why we can't get a decent standard of official at championship level. You'd be a fool to even think about becoming a referee.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Attendance of 808 apparently.  Probably more from Ilson than Heanor?

Wouldn't surprise me if a good portion were neutral too.

If i chose that game i would have slightly swayed towards Ilkeston, only because i live there and have been to a few games in the last year or so, Probably wouldn't have cheered for the goals.

9 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Nil-nil. Little of note happened and I think the Heanor/Ilkeston game was a bigger draw to neutrals.

My dog enjoyed it though. 

Remember my first match down there. Home v Alfreton in the Midland League.

just seemed to be me and Pa Hants until about 2mins to 3 when the social club door swung open and the teams trotted out amidst billowing clouds of fag smoke, followed by about 30 p’d up blokes who constituted the crowd.

0-3 that day. But hilarious     ?

Archived