Derby v Villa Ticket Cost

rammieib

From £36. Means a Cat B seat probably in the region of £40.

Season Ticket holders can buy a (friends) ticket for £20 which is fair. Not sure if it means they can sit anywhere.

Away fans therefore charged £36? That's a sham and a further embarrassment for DCFC. I wonder if Villa season ticket holders will be able to get a ticket for £20???

Just a thought - the silly season of ticket prices seems to be in correlation with Stephen Pearson becoming the CEO. I hope the two are not connected as I like the guy and he comes across well.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn’t this a platinum rated game?

Clubs, including ours, like to charge more for the bigger games, especially if they expect a large away turnout.

Its been like this for a while but I assume the ticket costs have crept up over the years.

I doubt we are the dearest club and not the cheapest either.

Supply and demand, we aren’t the only business who do this.

Season tickets is the way to go if you want a reasonable ticket price, but this unfortunately won’t suit all.

gate receipts are very important for championship clubs, so i'm sure that the club have looked into every possible avenue and found the one that maximises their revenue. You can take the approach to maximise the number of sales (lowering prices), but with our current financial position in regards to FFP, which will be tight, going for an approach to maximise those gate receipts makes the most sense in the short term at least, even if unfortunately some fans miss out. The prices for Sheff U, Birmingham and Villa are £27, £32, and £36 respectively, but will the gates be that significantly different? I very much doubt it. If that is the case, then why shouldn't they charge the highest price? (looking at it from a financial standpoint).  

Everybody wants the ground to be full. Everybody. And i'm sure the club has looked into all options possible, with all the benefits and drawbacks, financial and non financial. I feel sorry for those that will miss out because of the prices, but the people at the club aren't daft, they have done this for a reason.

7 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

shame that we can't full the stadium and sell tickets for a cheaper price, I think a cheaper sale of tickets, getting the place buzzing brings a better chance of a win and therefore a better chance of promotion?

On the whole I agree. However as other posters have said and without wanting to tar everyone with the same brush, if you fill the ground with people who have only come because it's cheap then, whilst the ground may be buzzing if we're winning and playing well, that won't be the case if things aren't quite going to plan. They MAY be the once to start moaning first.

There is also an element of chicken or the egg. Would our chances of winning be enhanced by these extra supporters causing a buzz or, would they only start buzzing once we are winning?

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Get the impression it’s a trial to see if it makes a difference to the flailing attendances. 

Having said that, this is a game against a big club so you’d think it’d have a bigger draw anyway. 

Not fair to others though.. Why still penalise some of your support base.

Yes, I am getting two extra tickets for this one.

@Angry Ram, don't you know someone who is a season ticket holder who could get them for you at the lower price?

I really think that the club will assume most home fans will know a season ticket holder who they can ask. There is apparently no limit on the numbers you can have or where you can sit (if available.) 

The way I see it with this game is the vast majority will get a £20 ticket through friends/family. There’s only so many seats that are free every game anyway. Not like it’s £36 for 30,000 seats. So whether it’s £36 or not is irrelevant. 

It’s like Dominos pizza, those who get it never get it unless you have a voucher or use a deal. 

28 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, I am getting two extra tickets for this one.

@Angry Ram, don't you know someone who is a season ticket holder who could get them for you at the lower price?

I really think that the club will assume most home fans will know a season ticket holder who they can ask. There is apparently no limit on the numbers you can have or where you can sit (if available.) 

Yes we know a couple but that’s not the point really.. If I have a customer number and a purchase history that would match most, why should I have to get someone else to buy my ticket?

The technology is there, just don’t understand the reasoning.. 

I have happily paid for my tickets. Not everyone lives in Derby and knows season ticket holders..

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

From £36. Means a Cat B seat probably in the region of £40.

Season Ticket holders can buy a (friends) ticket for £20 which is fair. Not sure if it means they can sit anywhere.

Away fans therefore charged £36? That's a sham and a further embarrassment for DCFC. I wonder if Villa season ticket holders will be able to get a ticket for £20???

Just a thought - the silly season of ticket prices seems to be in correlation with Stephen Pearson becoming the CEO. I hope the two are not connected as I like the guy and he comes across well.

Bolton away tickets £32, QPR away tickets £35, I'm not sure if you realise but Derby are by no means the only club in this division charging 'silly' prices. Really not sure why you think this would cause embarrassment to the club?

49 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Yes we know a couple but that’s not the point really.. If I have a customer number and a purchase history that would match most, why should I have to get someone else to buy my ticket?

I have happily paid for my tickets. Not everyone lives in Derby and knows season ticket holders..

Fair enough -realise it's just small change to you affluent southerners! ?

44 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I can see both sides of this.

As you say the tech is there to know who's bought what and when, and I don't see why ST get such treatment when all they've done is pay for match tickets in advance at a healthy discount.

On the other hand, you've said you were happy to pay £76 rather than £40, which I guess you could have with a little effort, so why should the club pass up that revenue?

Add in the travel time and expense, and I'd bet you spend more on the Rams for home games alone than some ST holders, yet get less recognition.

Sheffield Wednesday seem to have the fairest system I've seen, based on spend home and away, I'd love to see us adopt something similar to reward loyalty, but I guess the club know how to maximise revenue for each game.

Archived