? Halloween Special... What scares you??? ?

Parsnip

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:29, uttoxram75 said:

Halloween scares me.

It scares the poo out of me that ordinary hard working Brits even recognise this parody of pagan worship to scare off ghosts, just because Americans do. 

WTF have we become? When did we become as stupid as the yanks?

Trick or Treat is of Scottish origin. Sorry to piss in your porridge Uttox.  

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I did try to read the book as a youngster but found it heavy going. I will have to have another go sometime becasue I have enjoyed a lot of Stephen King books.

I would recommend that you try it again as I'm enjoying it so far. I have to devote time to read it, otherwise I'd get lost in the constant back and forth, but I like the way King slowly builds the tension and intrigue without it becoming boring.

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:25, Parsnip said:

Just look at Robert. I could seriously never sleep in a house with Robert in it. I'm tempted to buy it so I can cleanse it with fire. But I'm too scared.

Can't just be me who finds Robert scary?

Screenshot_20181007-211839_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3bc62bc2a01e5f87c89846e7caedca0a.jpg

Screenshot_20181007-211654_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fb88b0003435ff3de6cdd99045be3acc.jpg

Look at Robert's cold white dead hands...

Screenshot_20181007-211809_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2685a2750a426836d0a19073a9a61ac.jpg

Comes complete with coffin...

Screenshot_20181007-212200_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fabc61ab4f83752e8a7300f732d5db2e.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ceramic-Male-doll-ROBERT-in-original-box-and-18-catalogue-sheets/382584120684?hash=item5913ca656c:g:n9gAAOSwqMpbn7Mg

Is Robert wearing tights or stockings? Asking for a friend.

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I would recommend that you try it again as I'm enjoying it so far. I have to devote time to read it, otherwise I'd get lost in the constant back and forth, but I like the way King slowly builds the tension and intrigue without it becoming boring.

And at the end of the day it beats studying    ?

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Is it easy to read when your pissed?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

And at the end of the day it beats studying    ?

52 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Is it easy to read when your pissed?

Hey, I think there have been some misconceptions here! I work hard but I plan my day to include free time, plus away days are my days off. How could you possibly assume that I drink 24/7 when half of my posts on here are when I'm pissed??

On 08/10/2018 at 01:37, 86 points said:

Nothing wrong with being punctual @eddie Sign of professionalism and good manners IMO.

A shame the same can't be said of my local GP. I had the first appointment this morning (just to get a repeat prescription verified - an annual thing) and it was still 10 minutes late. I, of course, was 20 minutes early (it is a full 5 minutes from my home, so I only had to make allowances for the more common delays, i.e. possible flash floods, subsidence and meteorite strikes).

3 hours ago, eddie said:

A shame the same can't be said of my local GP. I had the first appointment this morning (just to get a repeat prescription verified - an annual thing) and it was still 10 minutes late. I, of course, was 20 minutes early (it is a full 5 minutes from my home, so I only had to make allowances for the more common delays, i.e. possible flash floods, subsidence and meteorite strikes).

Quit your bloody moaning.  You make yourself wait unnecessarily for 20 minutes, and then moan about the 10 minute delay.  Perhaps the doctor had a few more pressing, urgent matters arising this morning that might have been of greater priority than dealing with your annual prescription. Jeez.

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Quit your bloody moaning.  You make yourself wait unnecessarily for 20 minutes, and then moan about the 10 minute delay.  Perhaps the doctor had a few more pressing, urgent matters arising this morning that might have been of greater priority than dealing with your annual prescription. Jeez.

Hark at her. Once a pathetic shandy-drinker, always a pathetic shandy-drinker.

11 hours ago, eddie said:

Sweet lord man! Appointment times mean nothing to my GP - you book an appointment for 9am and you can be sitting in that empty waiting room all day!

Archived