V Sheffield United (H) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Am I the only one that was comfortable before their goal, they have no quality in the final third. if we press them a lot more we will beat them.

I felt pretty safe too. They were crowded out constantly. Don’t see how it’s been one sided tbh or how they “deserved” to score

play through the pitch well though

Got a feeling its going to be like the Alamo second half, think Johnson should have come on for Bryson. 

LB still a major problem for us, Forsyth is inconsistency personified as usual and I’m not convinced by Malone yet. 

We still seem to dither on the ball to often and there always appears to be a nervousness to the team. 

We can definitely win this. They’re good going forwards but commit players so are susceptible to us breaking at pace.  Just need to get our shape right and I’m not sure we’ve got the balance at the moment.  We do look lightweight in the middle.

11 minutes ago, Kinder said:

We could do with Bradley here now Bryson’s gone off.  Need some steel and aggression - we’re letting them have too much of the ball and not getting in their faces.  Still, very enjoyable half.

Don’t see the logic in moving Wilson to Bryson’s spot, should have been Bradley. Directly lead to the goal. That’s not a knock on Wilson, it’s not his game, but that’s a easy challenge to make for a centre mid.

good game of football though.

3 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

We’re lucky their final ball has been poor. They have control of the ball in our half far too easily. Standing off them, no tackles. Midfield is worrying. Need to start winning the second ball. Carson’s long kicks are basically a turn over of possession

They’re lucky Wilson’s final ball was poor otherwise it’d be 2-0. We’ve defended well imo apart from 2 occasions. 

Disappointing that we've not kicked on. Not all doom and gloom by a stretch but having scored early I'd have hoped we'd be solid behind the ball and look to stretch them when they gave up possession. Strange decision to move WIlson inside with Bradders on the bench . If Johnson is not an option then why not have young George Evans sat ready? We need to show some spirit now. Hopefully we can get at them as a win today would be properly handy given other results for the top teams. COYR

10 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

More negativity on here than is deserved imo. 

Doesn't it just balance up the threads where it's OTT with we should have won and deserved this and that (Rotherham, Bolton) when in all honesty we created one good chance per game and thus didn't deserve the win?

People have said Sheff United have been the better team (me included), are they wrong? 

Archived