Poshness

Parsnip

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to quite like Matlock Bath for the pubs and music scene, but as a tourist honey pot it's a nonsense.

The glories of the Peak District surround, yet people are persuaded to wander up and down a congested stretch of the A6 because there are chip shops. 

17 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Posh is subjective, not necessarily reflected in a monetary value.I know hard working down to earth normal working people on  average wages that would always sit at a table to eat, and would always use a table cloth,dress the table with glasses side plates,table mats and condiments irrespective of what was being served. Would never dream of eating in front of the tv or even consider having it on during a meal. My mother only drinks from China tea cup and saucer,may be more middle class than posh?

Posh can be identified by individual standards and practices to which we perform making me some what of a slob most of the time? although I can put it on in the correct company. My mother-in-law  considers me posh because I own my own house so I suppose it's subjective,but she occasionally serves myself little treats such as scones with clotted  cream on a doily as she thinks this is what I am accustomed too? not complaining and give her grief for it not being the norm?. Sister in law thinks am posh because I buy quality kitchen paper wipes , don't use a disposable cigarette lighter and enjoy cheese after a meal with my port.

Think people some times get posh mixed up with snobbery unless their a posh snob.

I once suggested having it off during a meal and got a slap from Mrs Hants.......?

On 06/10/2018 at 15:44, coneheadjohn said:

I’ll give you the least posh thing I see regularly at our chippy.

Scraps and peas,gravy or curry.

People don’t even have chips!!Just scraps.

The poshest thing was a woman asking what kind of oil they used??

The answer....’Cooking’.

Ay..dont be coming on here John trying to be all chippy expert and that. Weve got Utch on this forum you know!! ?

Archived