Same old story

SK47

This is for the recurring moaning supporters..

we have seen Clough, Mac (twice), Pearson, Clement, Wassall, Rowett and Lampard...

We have had the original young team under Mac with the likes of Hendrick, Hughes, Ibe, Lingaard, Martin, Ince etc (Ince came the season after I know)and It was said we were too lightweight/predictable in the end and Mac couldn't stop the rott.

Since then we have seen many changes in the team, management, where youth was substituted for experience because according to the moaners that's what was needed.. which unfortunately resulted in A slow boring show of Rowett Ball and not the promotion sure team we were thought it could be.

And here we are with Lampard. A highly thought of individual that so happens to be the highest scoring midfielder in Premier league history. A man with many contacts, great staff, and has reduced the age of last year's team by quite some way to give us the energy we lacked last year and ultimately overall has made football enjoyable again.

But still yet again, we have the moaners.

One minute it's "we don't have a 20+ goal striker"

Then it's "we can't just rely on our 20+ goal striker"

then we get rid of him and it's "we miss our 20+ goal striker" ??????????

People go on about Mel being the trigger happy chairman but I'm convinced if half of you lot were in his position you would be worse! 

But What I want to know moaners, is what do you think we need this time? And Do you not think we have tried enough changing already? Can we not just enjoy the ride instead?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think people are moaning. There is a general consensus of support and goodwill.

everyone recognises that the football is better.

People can debate the team. Thats normal.

chill out mate.

35 minutes ago, SK47 said:

But What I want to know moaners, is what do you think we need this time? And Do you not think we have tried enough changing already? Can we not just enjoy the ride instead?

More interesting pies

And can they take the skins off the chips please? I don't think they crisp properly with the skins on

31 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I don't think people are moaning. There is a general consensus of support and goodwill.

everyone recognises that the football is better.

People can debate the team. Thats normal.

chill out mate.

I'm chilled. However, If you came on here after a draw or a loss you wouldn't think it was chilled. People are always quick to find a solution to why we have lost.. rather than we just lose and it wasn't our day..this why we get scapegoats. "Keogh is a liability" "Johnson is awful, we need to get rid" "what does Bryson offer other than running round"

Then we win. "Keogh is quality" "Johnson has been our most consistent player" "I LOVE Bryson, so much energy"

You can try say that this fair weather support doesn't exist and that "I need to chill out" but in reality, if you don't see it happening, You're probably one the said moaners.

I only really got grumpy when Pearson was coming to the end and had done absolutely nothing to inspire players or fans. The others did their best with mixed results. Mel has always been upfront, brave and generous. 

The results with Frank aren’t any better but it’s a lot more fun watching it, and you get the feeling that we are a ship in the middle of a major refit that is still undergoing sea trials. When we get launched properly we will be a much more complete team than we have been for some time. 

Lets all agree the football is better the results are not. Goals scored is the problem not goals conceded. Right then what should we discuss now...they say its going to be a cold winter this year, has everybody got their cars kitted out ready for the ice and snow.

2 hours ago, SK47 said:

This is for the recurring moaning supporters..

we have seen Clough, Mac (twice), Pearson, Clement, Wassall, Rowett and Lampard...

We have had the original young team under Mac with the likes of Hendrick, Hughes, Ibe, Lingaard, Martin, Ince etc (Ince came the season after I know)and It was said we were too lightweight/predictable in the end and Mac couldn't stop the rott.

Since then we have seen many changes in the team, management, where youth was substituted for experience because according to the moaners that's what was needed.. which unfortunately resulted in A slow boring show of Rowett Ball and not the promotion sure team we were thought it could be.

And here we are with Lampard. A highly thought of individual that so happens to be the highest scoring midfielder in Premier league history. A man with many contacts, great staff, and has reduced the age of last year's team by quite some way to give us the energy we lacked last year and ultimately overall has made football enjoyable again.

But still yet again, we have the moaners.

One minute it's "we don't have a 20+ goal striker"

Then it's "we can't just rely on our 20+ goal striker"

then we get rid of him and it's "we miss our 20+ goal striker" ??????????

People go on about Mel being the trigger happy chairman but I'm convinced if half of you lot were in his position you would be worse! 

Are you suggesting that anyone who in your opinion appears to be moaning or saying something negative shouldn't post on your sorry dcfc fans forum ffs it's a forum it's about opinions you might no agree with mine and I might not agree with yours , it creates debates that's what it's for.

32 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Are you suggesting that anyone who in your opinion appears to be moaning or saying something negative shouldn't post on your sorry dcfc fans forum ffs it's a forum it's about opinions you might no agree with mine and I might not agree with yours , it creates debates that's what it's for.

Not at all. What I'm suggesting is perhaps instead of moaning, look at where that moaning got us in the past... We have done more circles than a greyhound race. We always seem to moan about stuff we don't have and then when we do get those things, when it doesn't work we moan that we need something else. 

We all agreed that it's a rebuild in progress at the start of the season... But it's like people cant actually deal with losses and mishaps that a rebuild season involves. Mel Morris included. I'm not saying this is EVERYONE either, just the wrist slashers.

50 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

I am going to defend @SK47 here if that's OK. 

I think his second post alludes to the problem in that it is the way some people post that is so negative. 

Look at the reaction to Mason Bennett 's drop in form, for example. He was MOTM against Preston but that is now all forgotten as certain 'fans' fall over each other to declare that they had always known he was crap so there! 

Every pass Keogh or Johnson misplaces is scrutinised as if it means they were never good enough to kick a football in the first place despite both playing pretty well so far this season.

And after every match the changes (or lack of them) are held up as evidence that the manager knows less about football than the poster.

It is tedious and certain posters are guilty of this week after week (apart from the weeks when we win when they are either nowhere to be seen or like to remind us 'ah, but did you see the chance that xxx should have buried?')

One poster has already declared that the game against QPR is a 'must win'. Twelve games into a transitional season and sitting eighth in the table.

I have opinions and post them often - too often some would say! But if I have something negative to say I try to say something like 'xxx didn't play so well today' or 'I think xxx needs a rest' and try not to pass my opinion off as fact. For the record, I don't think any of our players are 'crap'. Some are in or out of form, some fit the system better than others but crap? Really? 

I don't know where the habit of constant negativity comes from. It may be an Internet thing or an unconcious mimicry of the appalling punditry that many of the tv channels churn out these days. Whatever, I wish fans could take a step back, look at what you see - good and bad - and try to be a bit kinder in your 'analysis'.

2 hours ago, jono said:

I only really got grumpy when Pearson was coming to the end and had done absolutely nothing to inspire players or fans. The others did their best with mixed results. Mel has always been upfront, brave and generous. 

The results with Frank aren’t any better but it’s a lot more fun watching it, and you get the feeling that we are a ship in the middle of a major refit that is still undergoing sea trials. When we get launched properly we will be a much more complete team than we have been for some time. 

You are Mel Morris. Where is my fiver.

3 hours ago, jono said:

....... and the first team that comes across us when we go ‘full steam ahead’ is gonna get absolutely smashed ? COYR

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I am going to defend @SK47 here if that's OK. 

I think his second post alludes to the problem in that it is the way some people post that is so negative. 

Look at the reaction to Mason Bennett 's drop in form, for example. He was MOTM against Preston but that is now all forgotten as certain 'fans' fall over each other to declare that they had always known he was crap so there! 

Every pass Keogh or Johnson misplaces is scrutinised as if it means they were never good enough to kick a football in the first place despite both playing pretty well so far this season.

And after every match the changes (or lack of them) are held up as evidence that the manager knows less about football than the poster.

It is tedious and certain posters are guilty of this week after week (apart from the weeks when we win when they are either nowhere to be seen or like to remind us 'ah, but did you see the chance that xxx should have buried?')

One poster has already declared that the game against QPR is a 'must win'. Twelve games into a transitional season and sitting eighth in the table.

I have opinions and post them often - too often some would say! But if I have something negative to say I try to say something like 'xxx didn't play so well today' or 'I think xxx needs a rest' and try not to pass my opinion off as fact. For the record, I don't think any of our players are 'crap'. Some are in or out of form, some fit the system better than others but crap? Really? 

I don't know where the habit of constant negativity comes from. It may be an Internet thing or an unconcious mimicry of the appalling punditry that many of the tv channels churn out these days. Whatever, I wish fans could take a step back, look at what you see - good and bad - and try to be a bit kinder in your 'analysis'.

Keyboard warriors I’m afraid, it’s a sad reflection of society today and is prevelant in both a work & leisure context. A great many people think it’s acceptable to whinge & whine from the anonymity of their computer screen. No positivity whatsoever. Very sad really. There you go I’m depressed now!!! Have a great weekend everybody ???

Archived