Rammy rousing

Ellafella

Great bit of Rammy rousing last night by Rammy after the Norwich Robbie Savage lookey-likey went down in his own box like a sniper’s victim clutching his head and rolling around...got the South stand ignited and was a great laugh-out-loud point. Well done Rammy...it was a real moment of comic joy! Football is nothing without the fans. ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Was that Shane long?

One of the few games I got to.  V Reading and the guy got subbed and had to go to hospital I think.  Shane long got sent off for a stupidly wild tackle though so that may be why you recall him.  He possibly came on as a replacement for the injured guy.  Hopefully the memory isn’t too foggy!

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Didn’t the last rammie get the sack for diving around while a player lay on the floor with a broken leg??

He wasn't sacked but clearly had a telling off as his appearances during the games became very limited.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Has a mascot ever been red carded? Not that i think he should have, i thought it was hilarious.. 

I seem to recall Swanny {Swansea} got into trouble but can’t recall the detail...was it a set-to with an opposition player during a game?? 

37 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Rammie got told to wind it in on Wednesday though

Did you not see the steward with the earpiece take him to one side. She got a few boos and turned to the crowd and gave a "just passing on the message" look . Rammie then gave a big thumbs down and walked off

I didn’t see that...but I did wonder about the ethics and the perceived reflection on the Club as a whole. FL was caught on Sky cameras complaining to the 4th official about the ref’s decision to award Norwich a free kick for what was clear theatricals by the Norwich player...so all Rammy was doing was acting out what 1000’s of people saw: an opposition player “simulating”. It begs a number of questions really....but I still support Rammy in what he did. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I seem to recall Swanny {Swansea} got into trouble but can’t recall the detail...was it a set-to with an opposition player during a game?? 

The Swans been done a couple of times, one I think for flagging for offside. The Wolves mascot and whatever Bristol City had got into trouble for literally fighting once and Harry the Hornet, or at least the bloke that played him, has recently resigned after he openly criticised Palace players.

Bertie Bee of Burnley was also great for a laugh.

He also did 'The Worm' on the touchline but can't find a video of that.

Although no mention of mascots is complete without remembering 'Mascots doing minutes silences'

Jv09Q7g.jpg

gc9Hvas.jpg

8RE7ijX.jpg

eqhpUDa.jpg

Sp07L26.jpg

vRK91wx.jpg

CbZzHhB.jpg

bwxG7iF.jpg

Although this is still my favourite ever mascot picture

sATmUoR.jpg

Archived