If you liked The Jam this will make you laugh

Bob The Badger

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I have no clue why on earth I was looking for a Jam t-shirt, I'm 56 ffs, but this made me pmp.

Anybody know why?

Well I guess if you're a genuine Jam fan you'll know.

I clicked through and it had been sold, so some muppet is wearing this.

matmin_91511350405189.jpg

Wearing that would be private hell

9 hours ago, StivePesley said:

But then any hardcore Jam fan would tell you that Solid Bond was written by Weller whilst The Jam were still going and they recorded a version which was planned to be the last Jam single. That version appears on The Jam album "Extras" ?

Or anyone who just looked on wikipedia

On 06/10/2018 at 12:33, BaaLocks said:

Heard about the combined Devon / Cornwall festival this summer? Both The Jam and Cream agreed to reform for it but in the end they couldn't agree who would go on first......

Thought I had a ticket for that gig but I’ve just checked my wallet and it’scone 

On 05/10/2018 at 09:46, RamNut said:

Don't Jam fans like Style Council - or is that a daft question?

I think it depends on your era. Original Jam fans who came through punk and the early Jam records pretty much hated the Style Council as they flounced around in stripey tops and shorts and rode bicycles in their videos. Younger kids who caught the tail end of the Jam and weren't so tied to the punk aesthetic just enjoyed them as an extension of Weller's pop sensibility. I fell into the latter category and enjoyed the early Style Council stuff musically - I've never liked Paul Weller as a bloke though

Archived