Scott Malone

Poynton ram

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely seemed like he’d been given instruction to make defending a secondary concern. If that’s the game plan, the style of play we’re going for, then fair enough. If he wasn’t given that instruction, then he’s just a pretty poor defender. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

Definitely seemed like he’d been given instruction to make defending a secondary concern. If that’s the game plan, the style of play we’re going for, then fair enough. If he wasn’t given that instruction, then he’s just a pretty poor defender. 

He looked like a clumsy version of Fozzy to me, which takes some doing.

Never seen such thin legs on a professional footballer either, makes Crouch look like the Rock.

Scott Malone has never been a very good defender, and probably never will be. He is pretty sound on the basics, but his strength is making it happen further up the field with surging runs and crosses.  He needs some time to bed in, and for fans to accept him for what he is.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Scott Malone has never been a very good defender, and probably never will be. He is pretty sound on the basics, but his strength is making it happen further up the field with surging runs and crosses.  He needs some time to bed in, and for fans to accept him for what he is.

So great when we are on top but not to be relied upon under the cosh?

Can see why F.L would bring him back in at home from your description.

14 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

So great when we are on top but not to be relied upon under the cosh?

Can see why F.L would bring him back in at home from your description.

I think he will have been bought to play home and away, and in my view should be first choice. But he needs a sound defender next to him (Davies) and a left winger who he can work in tandem with, prepared to watch his back.  

I think he will have been bought to play home and away, and in my view should be first choice. But he needs a sound defender next to him (Davies) and a left winger who he can work in tandem with, prepared to watch his back.  

Will we do the same for Fozzy?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Will we do the same for Fozzy?

What is your problem? Personally I think you can only play one left back in a team.

Forsyth is in my opinion the better defender.  However, everything points to Lampard wanting to play an expansive style, and if that is the case Malone would be the better option (with the caveats I gave).

What is your problem? Personally I think you can only play one left back in a team.

Forsyth is in my opinion the better defender.  However, everything points to Lampard wanting to play an expansive style, and if that is the case Malone would be the better option (with the caveats I gave).

What is my problem? I don't have one, why are you so miserable?

Lampard can do as he wants. Doesn't mean the fans can't comment, isn't that what you're doing.

Not played much but I’ve not been particulary impressed at all if I’m honest. Reads the game poorly in defence and steps up too high too often. Clearly a talented footballer no doubt, decent crosser and good on the ball, but off the ball is key for a defender and he lacks imo. Prefer Forsyth and I’m not a Forsyth fan.

Full backs playing high is how Lampard plays. Did it from the first game. Not down to Malone, Bogle was as culpable. Some excellent passes and a wand of a left foot - given time to get match fitness he’ll do well.

I think people are criticising because he “looks” awkward, doesn’t make him a bad player, someone mentioned crouch earlier on this thread - what a player he is!

Malone was the best left back in the league for Fulham two seasons ago. He’s proven at this level and will prove it again mark my words. From left back being a problem position we now have two decent ones with another great prospect out on Loan who in time will be better than both of them.

47 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He looked like a clumsy version of Fozzy to me, which takes some doing.

Never seen such thin legs on a professional footballer either, makes Crouch look like the Rock.

Am getting the vibes that you're not overly keen on him then....

Archived