We have an England International!

DarkFruitsRam7

28 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

He's not our player though is he, or am I missing something?

No you're right he's not. He's contracted to Chelsea of the EPL. Chelsea have loaned him to Derby for the season which basically means that for the remainder of this season - he's a ram.

So on Saturday we'll line up against QPR with a current England international on our team. One who also happens to be one of the brightest young prospects in English football.

This is the reason why some Derby fans think this is really exciting.

But he probably hasn't got a ram tattooed on his ball sack like Bryson has.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I don’t think you are missing anything, but it does seem what you do have may not always be working properly.

Attitude adjustment accepted. Was Peter Shilton the last full England international we had signed to the club out of curiosity.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I was only thinking during the Norwich match that when he bothers to use his feet, he's perfectly capable.

The first half of last season he was as good as Shilton was in his spell at Derby.

Pickford was outstanding in the WC, but not even his mum thought he was that good.

But the point was that you missed in your hurry to eyeroll me, was that he was worthy of a look, and he would have been given a look if he'd been playing like that for a Premier League team.

And the other point was, that Mount has been picked because he's a Chelsea player playing well for Derby. No way would a Derby 19-year-old even be in the equation. 

Mount has been the best player on two different teams, in two different countries and leagues. 

I don't think Carson would have been given time on a Premier League team, because world class keepers act as sweepers. Carson doesn't fit the Southgate mould for a keeper, so he wouldn't be taken. 

Some rubbish opinions on this thread.

Surely everyone knows Southgate is fast tracking players through the England system and getting them experience now for the future. Mount been picked doesn't mean that it's way to easy to get an England cap, or that England must be no good if he can get in the squad. England are also better now since the 90s, if not the 70s depending on how highly you rate 96 team (home advantage) or 90 (rubbished team who sneakes into semis).

I love Hughes still and hope he plays for England. But this isn't either/or them both getting in the England squad. Will's fast tracking got stalled by injury, a few more months of this and he'll be on the plane to a Euro qualifier. He hasn't bossed the likes of Real Madrid yet like Winks did last season.

4 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

So Fielding was the last player called up from Derby in 2010? Any clue who was before him? Powell? Hendrie? Seth?...

Last player to be called up was fielding.

The last Derby player to play for England was Seth Johnson. He got 1 cap, a friendly against Italy in 2000. It was also the first time Beckham captained the side.

Chris Powell was at Charlton when he got his caps.

6 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Last player to be called up was fielding.

The last Derby player to play for England was Seth Johnson. He got 1 cap, a friendly against Italy in 2000. It was also the first time Beckham captained the side.

Chris Powell was at Charlton when he got his caps.

For anyone interested - Seth's one and only appearance for England:

Great for Mounty! he deserves it and it makes me proud as a DCFC fan that weve had this impact on a player and now he is reaping the rewards. Huge for the club, if he plays we have a capped England International in our squad. He is so down to earth about it all in the interview on the club website, he is such a great lad and his attitude will take him a long way!

Hughes should be in over Chalobah - Chalobah has only played 5 mins in prem this season apparently......

12 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

So Fielding was the last player called up from Derby in 2010? Any clue who was before him? Powell? Hendrie? Seth?...

Frank Fielding got caked up for England??? Certainly missed that memo. 

Edit: the typo is quite funny. Gonna leave it. 

1 hour ago, Steve Bloomer's Washing said:

For anyone interested - Seth's one and only appearance for England:

What a duckin save that was.

G.O.A.T

10 hours ago, SaintRam said:

What a duckin save that was.

G.O.A.T

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

So close! Weirdly, if that had gone in, it would have given him and nuge the same rare stat. One cap, one goal. 

Just watching that I’d forgotten all about it but remember so well, was convinced a hard tackling Seth with a bit of steel was what England needed as an option at the time.

I’m sure Seth lad is proud of that cap, just with all the injuries that followed, it would have been a real memory. Shades of Hector and the near post miss against Poland in the W.C qualifiers my old man always told me about.

Archived