Sign in to follow this  
BurtonRam7

We have an England International!

28 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Hughesey !!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Gareth. 

Still feel like he is ours just guesting at Watford.

Without sounding crass, if Hughes had been a part of Chelsea’s academy he’d be in the set up now.

Who was the last player to be capped by the England squad while playing outside the top flight? A quick search brings up Steve Bull as a possible answer, but maybe some statto on here will know different / confirm otherwise.

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Who was the last player to be capped by the England squad while playing outside the top flight? A quick search brings up Steve Bull as a possible answer, but maybe some statto on here will know different / confirm otherwise.

Jack Butland started England’s last match v Switzerland 

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Butland went to the World Cup.

No wonder England are no very good ,

now there is no doubt mason mount is a really good player but ready for a full England call up ? Give me peace 

he’s got a chance of making it to the top and seems like he’s being rail roaded to the full England squad but he’s nowhere near ready for that , it seems to me watching that there is no final ball from him and he’d rather have a shot himself instead of playing in a team mate in far better position but I suppose that will come with experience , good luck to him but im no sure he’s justified this 

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

No wonder England are no very good ,

now there is no doubt mason mount is a really good player but ready for a full England call up ? Give me peace 

he’s got a chance of making it to the top and seems like he’s being rail roaded to the full England squad but he’s nowhere near ready for that , it seems to me watching that there is no final ball from him and he’d rather have a shot himself instead of playing in a team mate in far better position but I suppose that will come with experience , good luck to him but im no sure he’s justified this 

I think he’s being told to shoot on sight, to be honest. Lots of talk about that creating a deflection or a knock back off the keeper or general chaos that can lead to a goal, of it doesn’t go in. 

If you were talking about Lawrence, I’d totally agree, but mount does a lot of passing and general good play, to add to his occasional pops at goal. 

Surprised at how many can’t just be happy for the lad.

All this doesn’t deserve it, should have been Hughes, it’s only because he’s a Chelsea player, nothing like getting behind one of our own eh, even if it is temporary.

This will no doubt give him a huge lift, a real confidence boost, which in return can benefit us whilst he’s here with us.

Yes it would have been nice for Hughes to get in the squad, see an ex Derby player do well and that, but Mount hasn’t taken his place. Should he have said no no Gareth, you pick Will instead?

Well done on the call up Mason, if you get on the pitch, go show the world what you can do, European Championships around the corner, why not...👏

6 minutes ago, David said:

All this doesn’t deserve it, should have been Hughes, it’s only because he’s a Chelsea player, nothing like getting behind one of our own eh, even if it is temporary.

This will no doubt give him a huge lift, a real confidence boost, which in return can benefit us whilst he’s here with us.

Yes it would have been nice for Hughes to get in the squad, see an ex Derby player do well and that, but Mount hasn’t taken his place. Should he have said no no Gareth, you pick Will instead?

Well done on the call up Mason, if you get on the pitch, go show the world what you can do, European Championships around the corner, why not...👏

Or it could put more unnecessary pressure on the lad and we as a team could suffer as a result. Opposition teams and players in the championship will start to be more aggressive on him naturally because of him being in the England squad, already this season he has a tendency to go missing against teams of a more physical nature.

He's come across very well since he's been here and nobody can be critical of his level of effort for the team. A great loan for us this year.

Hope he gets on the pitch and bags one. And that PP give him a roar next home game if he does 👌

11 minutes ago, David said:

Just for a bit of context, I think if you spoke to all of the posters in real life they would be happy for him and with a quick glance of the England side it’s feels like Southgate is putting in the foundations of what he wants his England squad to be. Mount is obviously part of the plans beyond this season so why not get him involved.

But saying all that it still just feels a little off somewhere, Mounts started very well but there’s a worry to me that its too much too soon for him and I also have a worry that it’s all coming a little too easily for him. A call up after a grafting season in the champ? Yes but personally not sure if it’s ideal. Also I think there’s a big worry we are becoming a bit of a sideshow for the whole Lampard, Mount, Chelsea brigade.

Alas like every derby fan I’ll be cheering on the lad come the internationals but, on form, it’s just a little surprising 

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.