We have an England International!

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well deserved. A truly special player with all sorts of talent within his locker. Probably the best loanee we’ve had... arguably ever in terms of his natural ability.

No good in his locker, he needs to take out on the pitch with him. ?

He’s been good, but not to the point that he deserves that England call up. He’s scored a few good goals but his general play hasn’t been spectacular, he’s been bullied in a few games. Hughes meanwhile has been very good for a Watford side who have side an excellent start to the season and deserves to be in the squad over Mount imo.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He’s been good, but not to the point that he deserves that England call up. He’s scored a few good goals but his general play hasn’t been spectacular, he’s been bullied in a few games. Hughes meanwhile has been very good for a Watford side who have side an excellent start to the season and deserves to be in the squad over Mount imo.

Probably a case of not what you know but who?

Also a difference in styles. Mount plays a high tempo where as Hughes doesn't. 

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Probably a case of not what you know but who?

Also a difference in styles. Mount plays a high tempo where as Hughes doesn't. 

One of the problems against Croatia was someone who could pass and keep the ball in tight spaces and Modric did for Croatia. I’m not calling Hughes as good as Modric but Mount is a runner from midfield. England have more than enough of those with Alli, Loftus-Cheek, Lingard, Maddison etc, all of those like to get on the end of passing moves. I’m looking at that squad and think it still lacks a midfield creative player like a Hughes or Foden.

Hughes will be gutted, Mount isn’t better than him or in better form imo

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

One of the problems against Croatia was someone who could pass and keep the ball in tight spaces and Modric did for Croatia. I’m not calling Hughes as good as Modric but Mount is a runner from midfield. England have more than enough of those with Alli, Loftus-Cheek, Lingard, Maddison etc, all of those like to get on the end of passing moves. I’m looking at that squad and think it still lacks a midfield creative player like a Hughes or Foden.

Hughes will be gutted, Mount isn’t better than him or in better form imo

I am not saying it is right, merely pointing out the difference and maybe he stands out more beceause of it.

I don't know what style Gareth is trying to develop but it appears to be a pressing game.

Any way I still stand by my first statement

Who was the last player to be capped by the England squad while playing outside the top flight? A quick search brings up Steve Bull as a possible answer, but maybe some statto on here will know different / confirm otherwise.

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Who was the last player to be capped by the England squad while playing outside the top flight? A quick search brings up Steve Bull as a possible answer, but maybe some statto on here will know different / confirm otherwise.

Jack Butland started England’s last match v Switzerland 

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Butland went to the World Cup.

No wonder England are no very good ,

now there is no doubt mason mount is a really good player but ready for a full England call up ? Give me peace 

he’s got a chance of making it to the top and seems like he’s being rail roaded to the full England squad but he’s nowhere near ready for that , it seems to me watching that there is no final ball from him and he’d rather have a shot himself instead of playing in a team mate in far better position but I suppose that will come with experience , good luck to him but im no sure he’s justified this 

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

No wonder England are no very good ,

now there is no doubt mason mount is a really good player but ready for a full England call up ? Give me peace 

he’s got a chance of making it to the top and seems like he’s being rail roaded to the full England squad but he’s nowhere near ready for that , it seems to me watching that there is no final ball from him and he’d rather have a shot himself instead of playing in a team mate in far better position but I suppose that will come with experience , good luck to him but im no sure he’s justified this 

I think he’s being told to shoot on sight, to be honest. Lots of talk about that creating a deflection or a knock back off the keeper or general chaos that can lead to a goal, of it doesn’t go in. 

If you were talking about Lawrence, I’d totally agree, but mount does a lot of passing and general good play, to add to his occasional pops at goal. 

Archived