Derby v Brum £32 cheapest ticket

rammieib

Serious DCFC. What the hell is this kind of price? We've got an awesome thing going on, on the pitch at the moment and nothing would cap it off more than seeing 30,000 at Pride Park. Then you go and charge £32 for the home game against Birmingham. Sweet Jesus. This will be the price in the West Corner as well. God knows what a cat B seat costs for this game.

Dont ruin what we are building by restricting the number of fans who can make it. Let's get bums on seats.

Im really considering not going to Bolton on Saturday on the basis that £32 is robbing you blind. Let's not stoop to that level ourselves please.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Waffle said:

North stand should be £10 a ticket. Or tickets should equal average price per game of a season ticket 

Then what’s the point of a season ticket if it’s that? 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Was about to ask the same thing. So if a STH misses one game in a season then suddenly they're paying more than someone who pays on the day a few times a year? I think quite a few would become dislusioned very quickly.

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

My son has gone to University this year and has given up his season ticket that he had for about 13 years. I know he could have gone somewhere close to Derby or Derby Uni but he has moved away. I have been getting him tickets for the match so far and I have realised how expensive it is for an 18 year old who is away and only able to get to a few games. 

I am not suggesting they should do a £10 ticket but £32 is a bit steep for a student who is trying to live on his own for the first time. If he wants to sit with me it will be more than £32.

The club is losing millions of pounds every year.

Fans want entertainment on the pitch, this doesn't come cheap in terms of transfer wages.

Fans also want cheap entry to the game.

I can see a problem.

The OP who has been very critical of MM for a long time says 'don't ruin what we are building', but as far as I can see doesn't seem too keen on contributing.

That said, I would certainly like to see prices capped at a maximum of £30.

Our prices certainly aren't out of sync with the rest of the division and the facilities we provide are right up there at the top end of the spectrum.

55 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

So people can proudly state they are a season ticket holder when calling radio stations. They seem to think it validates their point more. 

True, I’d like to see it capped too..... didn’t we have 6/12 game packages the season we nearly made it

I’m in the same boat as Gritter’s son. I’m hoping that people on the forum would admit the 18-22 bracket should be introduced. Especially when 18-20, 20-24 and Apprentices have a lower minimum wage bracket. 

In terms of tickets being the same price as the average season ticket cost. I was a season ticket holder from 2006. I’d rather a full North Stand, even if it’s low prices just for matches where we expect low attendance such as mid week games. 

If it upsets the majority that much, average price of a season ticket + a fiver 

Every game should be £20, then a select group of say 5 games a season at £25 i.e Forest, maybe Villa etc. Would just get more fans in for a lot of games. The more expensive seats can obviously be a bit more each game as to make sure season tickets are still an overall cheaper alternative.

I just think having an 18 year old paying £32 against Birmingham is incredible. Doesn't encourage the next generation

A few years back (during Mac1 if I remember rightly) you used to be able to get £10 adult tickets for some of the Tuesday night games. The cheapest ticket for the Blackburn game last week was £25. That sort of price increase will certainly put many an average fan off - it did for me. I get that season ticket holders should pay less per game on average. But just charge more for the more popular Saturday games that will sell well regardless.

Archived