Carabao Cup 4th Round Draw - Chelsea (A)

Kernow

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, loweman2 said:

The last time we beat Chelsea at their place was 1983 and we took 50 fans ! I reckon there will be a few more this time !

I was there. Took a wrong turn and was in the shed with a couple of mates - 1 Chelsea  (bur he was from Middlesbrough ) and 1 from Burnley with a broad accent. 

When we scored the first and a load of "fackin ell "'s broke out, Burnley boomed "ee, why aren't you cheerin fer yer team - they've just scored".

I've never been so quiet at a match......

Some bloke in charge going " right...not many TV viewers for this cup. What can we do about that...I know, we will put Frankie Lampard up against his old mentor and boss Mourinho and label it as romantic "...

Next day, his secretary goes " bloody hell boss, brilliant idea, no one spotted or questioned it... Do you reckon we can get away with Chelsea v Frank next round"??

Boss goes.." I'm going to give it a good try...and if we get away with that one and Frankie wins well go with West Ham next"

Only slightly tongue in cheek. If it's not a fix then I'm a China man..

final will be Derby v England at Wembley with Stevie G in charge of England. 

The feeling of almost all Chelsea fans is that Tomeri and Mount should play at Stamford Bridge. It's unfair to Derby if they don't and it would give Sarri a chance to assess them against skill he's very aware of.

I don't know what the Clubs will sort out between themselves.

These cups are just about getting a good pay day for the club. Between Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge, plus a couple of TV appearances we should be looking at a couple of million extra income that wasn't in the financial forecasts for this season. Two games that will cover all the income from drop on attendances were suffering this season. 

Archived