Stick your fake support up your Forest.

SK47

Is anyone else a bit sick of these "new supporters"? I've been a Derby fan for nearly 30 years.. I've seen a lot in that time.. some great memories, some horrible ones, but I've always supported them. When Frank took over I was (and still am) buzzing because I had a feeling he could have the kind of impact he is doing.

However, all these Chelsea fans now claiming they support us while  giving it "our future manager Frank doing the business" or "Our future Lampard Mason Mount is doing the business" is really doing my head in.

We all know Lampard will end up at Chelsea one day... We also all know that Mount will go on to big things... But do we need reminding all the time? Maybe I'm just over protective of our club, but I just feel We as fans deserve to have our moment to ourselves rather than these trend hoppers who are only showing their "support" because of Frank and co being here... 

Where were you lot when we had Steven Davies as our star man.. or when we was loaning Stern John from Coventry? Maybe I'm being a bit sensitive and seem like I'm moaning for no reason but unless you're here to support the club through the good and the bad, then stick it ?

We Love You Derby, We Love You Frank

COYR ? ? ?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love a bit of half fannery. I have Crystal Palace, Motherwell & VFB Stuttgart as my half fan teams for various reasons.

I like seeing the Chelsea fans on here getting behind the rams. And like Frank himself - they genuinely look like they're enjoying it.

Just you wait until the 10,000 unused seats are taken with Japanese tourists in Chelsea kits hoping to get a photo of their hero at our next home game.

Still would rather sit next to a tourist who  sticks his Nikon in my face for 90 minutes talking about Franks goals for Chelsea then the guy who sits behind me for the last 4 seasons drivel about the club he "supports" (is slate everything to do with it)

35 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Is anyone else a bit sick of these "new supporters"? I've been a Derby fan for nearly 30 years.. I've seen a lot in that time.. some great memories, some horrible ones, but I've always supported them. When Frank took over I was (and still am) buzzing because I had a feeling he could have the kind of impact he is doing.

However, all these Chelsea fans now claiming they support us while  giving it "our future manager Frank doing the business" or "Our future Lampard Mason Mount is doing the business" is really doing my head in.

We all know Lampard will end up at Chelsea one day... We also all know that Mount will go on to big things... But do we need reminding all the time? Maybe I'm just over protective of our club, but I just feel We as fans deserve to have our moment to ourselves rather than these trend hoppers who are only showing their "support" because of Frank and co being here... 

Where were you lot when we had Steven Davies as our star man.. or when we was loaning Stern John from Coventry? Maybe I'm being a bit sensitive and seem like I'm moaning for no reason but unless you're here to support the club through the good and the bad, then stick it ?

COYR ? ? ?

Only 30 years?

Newbie.

20 minutes ago, MidWalesRam said:

Only one thing worse than being talked about.......................thats not being talked about! 

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Your Majesty is like a stream of bat's piss....

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

Just you wait until the 10,000 unused seats are taken with Japanese tourists in Chelsea kits hoping to get a photo of their hero at our next home game.

Still would rather sit next to a tourist who  sticks his Nikon in my face for 90 minutes talking about Franks goals for Chelsea then the guy who sits behind me for the last 4 seasons drivel about the club he "supports" (is slate everything to do with it)

We can start calling him 'Rampard' then. How fitting.

52 minutes ago, SK47 said:

COYR ? ? ?

I do get where you are coming from but lets put it into context ...

I guess in 10 / 15 or so years we may be doing the same with any ex players who become managers. Talking fan favourites like Bryso, Bucko, Jonno, Igor etc etc … Sure you get my point. If in the lower leagues we would give our support to that club and be in the same situation. Fans are loyal to loyal players and that continues for years and years.

However, I don't agree with any kind of half and half scarf unless a testimonial or European cup final. My love in doesn't go that far at all.

Personally I love it. Our profile is rising daily and from the perspective of attracting players and fans to the club I can only see that as an upside. This season's been a great ride so far and promises to get better and the only thing to top those times where life is sweet is having folk to share them with. My lad's Chelsea as are all his mates and they been texting my ears off and watching all the televised games too. Love it! ?

I can't claim to be a Derby 'fan' by any measure of the word and I don't even. I understand your sentiment however and obviously Chelsea fans will be over the top especially with the kind of narratives such as Lampard playing Mourinho off the park with a Championship team at Old Trafford. For example, I saw some nonsense about Mount coming back to Trafford 10 years after he visited first and delivered a MOTM performance to help Derby win. Mount was good but there were others deserving of a MOTM performance and it's the kind of thing that might irk some. The problem is that quite a lot of fans usually only see it from their perspective and what it means for their club and not from the other clubs' perspective. My motive for following and supporting Derby may not be 'pure' but it can't be helped and the reason I started to like the Rams was coz of Lampard and there's no two ways about it. I've thoroughly enjoyed following and supporting the rams though and that's what counts in the end.

2 hours ago, SuperFrankieL said:

I can't claim to be a Derby 'fan' by any measure of the word and I don't even. I understand your sentiment however and obviously Chelsea fans will be over the top especially with the kind of narratives such as Lampard playing Mourinho off the park with a Championship team at Old Trafford. For example, I saw some nonsense about Mount coming back to Trafford 10 years after he visited first and delivered a MOTM performance to help Derby win. Mount was good but there were others deserving of a MOTM performance and it's the kind of thing that might irk some. The problem is that quite a lot of fans usually only see it from their perspective and what it means for their club and not from the other clubs' perspective. My motive for following and supporting Derby may not be 'pure' but it can't be helped and the reason I started to like the Rams was coz of Lampard and there's no two ways about it. I've thoroughly enjoyed following and supporting the rams though and that's what counts in the end.

Mate, you don't need to explain yourself to anyone. If the OP 'wants to take his ball home' then he can. You're welcome on here as far as I'm concerned as he certainly doesn't speak for me and I think that probably goes for most if not all of the rest of us. Lord knows why folk have to be so small-minded. As for the petty few, they seem pretty happy to have a relationship with Chelsea and Liverpool when it means players like Mason, Harry and Fikori pitch up at Derby, so the other stuff should be viewed simply as what it is. Embarrassing. 

I think it should be seen as a compliment, it is always good to have"outsiders" on your side, they add balance.   Next thing will be to say you can only play for the team if you are a fan.....

We are going to see this more and more, especially if the team performs as it has done of late. As media coverage grows, so will the interest of ordinary football fans. Providing we continue to play good football and don't become arrogant I am all for embracing being people's second team.

I like it tbh. I have lots of friends who don't follow football particularly closely, or at least, don't follow anything other than the PL and other top teams (from America etc.)

This season, they're all taking an active interest in Derby. Asking me questions, watching highlights, a couple are even watching the games on RamsTV.

I don't really care about all the people who are only interested in Lampard/Mount because there are numbers who, through Lampard/Mount, have become genuinely interested in Derby. 

Previously the only people I could talk Derby to were all the nutcases on here. This season's been lovely so far ?

Archived