Was Wilson's goal the best free kick by a Derby player?

Poynton ram

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Has there ever been a better goal from a free kick, taking into account the occasion etc?

If that goal had been scored by Saleh, Hazard, Kane we wouldn't hear the end of it..

I don’t think anyone has seen all of them to answer your question ?

Tied for me with one that Idiakez scored. Can't remember who against but must have been 35-40 yards.

Either way, we've already scored 4(?) free kicks this season from 3 different takers which is an astonishing record. Would be nice to win the league without scoring any more from open play...

22 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Has there ever been a better goal from a free kick, taking into account the occasion etc?

If that goal had been scored by Saleh, Hazard, Kane we wouldn't hear the end of it..

Jonah’s FK was amazing. The time, distance, technique, match result... everything. There’s some great footage somewhere from the east stand. The place went bananas and rightly so. For all Billy’s faults, these types of scenarios, result and tension seemed to happen all season.

12 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Wilsons was way further out, but this one was the most violent I have ever seen by a Derby player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExHQcAvlJJU 

Cannot embed it sadly, 12 seconds in

The first one I thought of! Didn’t see it live but love it.

It burst through the net, smashed through the back of the Normo and according to Patrick Moore, caused heat waves and northern lights for 17 years when it crashed into the sun about 5 minutes before full time.

Archived