Fikayo Tomori

jimbobram

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He won't for a while. He has much to learn as a defender.  Wingers have an easy day when he plays.

He will get there.

Bogle is similar to Lowe . An excellent first 4 or 5 games - now starting to struggle a bit .  I wouldn't like to see him loaned out like Lowe , I don't think it did him any favours , but maybe give Wisdom a few games.

2 hours ago, Key clubber said:

Great in possession and can pick out a pass , great turn of speed. Wins very little the air for such a big guy and doesn’t seem to be able to defend crosses. 

He relies too much on recovery to get him out of trouble - team's have got wise to it .  Knock the ball over his head and he loses positional sense .  Davies to come back in for me.  A more competent all round defender.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/10/2018 at 12:26, Anag Ram said:

He won't for a while. He has much to learn as a defender.  Wingers have an easy day when he plays.

He will get there.

Like the lad but tend to agree with this. He is far too easily beaten by wide players and virtually never cuts out a cross. Fozzy is much better at this part of the game. But not sure about Wisdom these days. I just don’t see him fitting into how we now want to play.

Think Bogle will struggle with the physical intensity of so many games so regularly...this is his first taste of first team football after all. But he’s young and still learning the role and game. 

On 07/10/2018 at 19:22, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He relies too much on recovery to get him out of trouble - team's have got wise to it .  Knock the ball over his head and he loses positional sense .  Davies to come back in for me.  A more competent all round defender.

When has that lead to a goal yet? 

West Brom? Runner from midfield, all of them should've tracked better. 

Sheff United? No matter how you look at it, it was either fozzy losing his back post man or literally everyone except Tomori letting Fleck run through them. 

Perhaps you're just seeing a weakness because you want to see it? 

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

When has that lead to a goal yet? 

West Brom? Runner from midfield, all of them should've tracked better. 

Sheff United? No matter how you look at it, it was either fozzy losing his back post man or literally everyone except Tomori letting Fleck run through them. 

Perhaps you're just seeing a weakness because you want to see it? 

posted this a while ago so a lots happened since then .  Leeds third goal if want to go right back .  A goal at Millwall as well - but then again poo happens and defenders make a few errors a season .  As he has 14 years on Davies he will be more fleet of foot.  as Davies has 14 years on Tomori -mostly at top half premier league and was in the divisions team of the season last time out, I feel he is a safer bet .

He may come in and be awful -the injury he has had may have made him too slow now - we'll see but I can only go on what I've seen so far.

Think he reflects Keogh.

Nice and comfortable on the ball for a centre back, speedy, looks great when putting in blocks and tackles but positionally is no Maldini and is beatable in the air.

Would be interested to see if a spell with Davies alongside him would improve those two aspects of his game, however don't see much need to change the side at the moment. 

Would perhaps have benefitted from playing full back or as part of a back three more often in his early career.

An asset for sure.

We have a chance to keep him next season on loan again. He was by far the best player on the pitch today but all the headlines will go to a 18 year old who had a moment to forget.  Headlines are made by goals and goal scorers, not good solid defensive players. 

16 minutes ago, Doodle said:

We have a chance to keep him next season on loan again. He was by far the best player on the pitch today but all the headlines will go to a 18 year old who had a moment to forget.  Headlines are made by goals and goal scorers, not good solid defensive players. 

He got Skys man of the match award so at least got some of the plaudits that he deserved.

Would like to see him play RB for a game and bring Davies in. Think Bogle needs a rest now, now a reaction to the own goal but general play now.

Can you imagine the speed which Tomori could go down the wing with? He would scare a lot of opposition players with the pace.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Would like to see him play RB for a game and bring Davies in. Think Bogle needs a rest now, now a reaction to the own goal but general play now.

Can you imagine the speed which Tomori could go down the wing with? He would scare a lot of opposition players with the pace.

While I can see the thinking, I think dropping Bogle at this time could cause unnecessary harm to his development.

He's come from nowhere to more than play his part in a decent start, and dropping him at this point could do long term harm to the boy. We can't pick youngsters, see them perform really well but drop them at the first sign of a mistake, that will only see us produce safety first footballers who don't impact a game for fear of making a rick.

His performances over the season have earned him the right to a place against Chelsea, to take him out of the team now would send the wrong message, imo.

I'm not a fan of developing other players confidence at the expense of our own, either.

Archived