The Championship 18/19

David

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just had a quick drink - better now! It's still 0-0 afterall (Brum missed some sitters). There's some bruisers out there, I'm worried we might end up a bit lightweight - more evidence we need Martin as one of our strikers. ?

Maybe it's their stipe colours if they had some stripes they'd be chunky but fat! 

There's always been some lumps in the championship. Remember Billy Davies game plan? Like a WW1 battle......soften them up with 50 minutes of Steve Howard and then let Oakley,  Barnes Jones and lupoli prance through the gaps created in the shell shocked defence ?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just had a quick drink - better now! It's still 0-0 afterall (Brum missed some sitters). There's some bruisers out there, I'm worried we might end up a bit lightweight - more evidence we need Martin as one of our strikers. ?

Maybe it's their strip colours if they had some horizontal stripes they'd be chunky but fat! 

Sounds stupid but looking at us and the competition I find myself worried about the ball in the air. It seems like an area we lose out on a lot? I've not looked at the stats because they don't work for aerial power. Too many different circumstances.

But from the early games there's been a lot of headers won against us in dangerous areas. I think Oldham manages a couple of headers on goal easily, Leeds obviously scored a couple and Reading scored one and had two great chances thanks to Wisdom. 

I'm confident we'll improve every other aspect. Just that aerial part is something we don't really have the squad for. 

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Watching Brum v Swansea, blimey there's gonna be some tough games in the Championship this season. 

Getting nervous for our Frankie now. #COYR

Ah the Championship. When you're doing well every game looks like a winnable one against an average opponent. When you're doing poorly you wonder where your next 3 points will come from as every game looks a tough one.

Better for us tbh, Villa probably will finish top 6 anyway with Leeds and Boro, so we could do with brentford dropping pts

I know its too early but I see Boro Leeds, Villa and stoke , West Brom (somehow they ducking kept Jay Rodriquez) if they sack rowwet occupying 4 of the top 6 places

Forest, brentford contenders and Us as outsiders (Bonus if we get top 6)

15 minutes ago, 61GT said:

Sorry I missed this thread on Tuesday evening as I was taken into hospital on Tuesday afternoon by ambulance for what now turns out to have been a stroke. The result cheered me up no end!

COYR.

Hope you’re doing okay fella.

Archived