The Championship 18/19

David

4 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Nottm Forest 0-1 Birmingham

Forest are all over the shop.

Tobias Figueiredo plays a dangerous pass across his own backline, it's collected by Maikel Kieftenbeld, but the German's chip lands on top of the net.

Kieftenbeld usually misses the target.....even with a pen.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Cracking header by Jutkiewicz (can't be arsed double checking the spelling). Brum could have scored 2 or 3 already here

He's my mates nephew. He told me ages ago that his nephew plays football at weekends. Then one week he said he had a big game or something. I said is it a cup final? He said "No, I think they're playing Aston Villa" 

Kinell, I thought he was on about some Sunday league game. Now he's scored against the English Benfica! 

5 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Pulis is the ultimate championship manager, his style, ethos and personnel he brings in is exactly how you get out of the championship 

It ain’t pretty, but it’s bloody effective

Who cares about getting promotion if it is through playing crap football and then getting your arse whooped in the prem and being sent straight back down? Hoof ball doesn't work as well in the premier league and I like how Lampard's getting us to play in a style that will suit the Prem so if we can go up we can be similar to Bournemouth and play good football and at the same time stay up. I hate to see football being turned into a rugby style hit and run , it's boring and will never achieve anything much in the top level of football.

1 minute ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Who cares about getting promotion if it is through playing crap football and then getting your arse whooped in the prem and being sent straight back down? Hoof ball doesn't work as well in the premier league and I like how Lampard's getting us to play in a style that will suit the Prem so if we can go up we can be similar to Bournemouth and play good football and at the same time stay up.

Pulis took stoke up and kept them there for years, at one point they were actually a pretty decent outfit who quite regularly beat the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd. Nobody wanted to play them at home, they were a notoriously big old unit who’d bully teams around the pitch. 

Boro are turning into that now and they will be promoted because of it this season

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Pulis took stoke up and kept them there for years, at one point they were actually a pretty decent outfit who quite regularly beat the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd. Nobody wanted to play them at home, they were a notoriously big old unit who’d bully teams around the pitch. 

Boro are turning into that now and they will be promoted because of it this season

Fair point,  seeing stoke in recent times has made me forgot what a good job Pulis did a few years back with them , Boro always seem to yoyo between the prem and championship though because when they go up they never have enough quality going forward or in midfield to survive.

16 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Who cares about getting promotion if it is through playing crap football and then getting your arse whooped in the prem and being sent straight back down? Hoof ball doesn't work as well in the premier league and I like how Lampard's getting us to play in a style that will suit the Prem so if we can go up we can be similar to Bournemouth and play good football and at the same time stay up. I hate to see football being turned into a rugby style hit and run , it's boring and will never achieve anything much in the top level of football.

Try telling that to Sean Dyche.

Boro will be up there this season.

Pulis set up defensively and tried to nick it with set pieces.

Not pleasant to watch but they are the total opposite of us and we struggled because of it.

Last season we would have lost to that style.

This season we got a draw, 3rd clean sheet in 6 games and the only side to stop Boro scoring.

We missed Pablo, needed his intelligence to raise his teammates and unlock Boro.

Archived