The Championship 18/19

David

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, David said:

Now forgive me for being thick but, isn't Fox a left back, playing centre back and Osborn a left mid playing left back with their hero Dawson that's a centre back on the bench?

DkBCP2NW4AEoyEt.jpg

From what I gather, Fox has been turned into a centre back for a while now (maybe since Karanka took over? Not sure) and he's gone from zero to hero, they love him now. Osborn has become the Chris Baird type utility player who isn't really good enough to be the star man in his position and as for Dawson, I presume he's just not fully fit. Within a couple of weeks I imagine their back-line will have Byram at right back, Dawson partnering Figueiredo in the centre and Robinson on the left

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

From what I gather, Fox has been turned into a centre back for a while now (maybe since Karanka took over? Not sure) and he's gone from zero to hero, they love him now. Osborn has become the Chris Baird type utility player who isn't really good enough to be the star man in his position and as for Dawson, I presume he's just not fully fit. Within a couple of weeks I imagine their back-line will have Bryam at right back, Dawson partnering Figueiredo in the centre and Robinson on the left

Cheers, I don't tend to pay much attention to teams at the other end of the table so missed out on the conversion of Fox to hero. Not sure how he's managed it tbh.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Cheers, I don't tend to pay much attention to teams at the other end of the table so missed out on the conversion of Fox to hero. Not sure how he's managed it tbh.

Me neither, their defence was really poor last season so I don't know how he's changed opinions. Literally the only reason I can think of his because he has come across quite funny in club videos or something along those lines. I keep seeing this picture pop in on Twitter

@Red_Dawn able to shed any light on why Fox has gone from being hated to being loved at Forest?

Karanka seemingly likes to have energy at fullback. At Boro he had George Friend bombing it up and down.

Fox is too old to be doing that. Moving him inside and playing Osborn there makes sense.

Osborn doesn’t have great quality on the ball, IMO, but he’s a workhorse and is young. He’ll be up and down that flank alot, with Lolley coming inside.

I hate Karanka’s teams and style of play. So boring. But at this level it is effective.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Me neither, their defence was really poor last season so I don't know how he's changed opinions. Literally the only reason I can think of his because he has come across quite funny in club videos or something along those lines. I keep seeing this picture pop in on Twitter

@Red_Dawn able to shed any light on why Fox has gone from being hated to being loved at Forest?

Only four teams kept more clean sheets than Forest in the final 1/4 of last season.

The Karanka-effect and the team’s style of play probably aides him.

Curtis Davies would be a beast in a Karanka team. Unfortunately, against Reading, he looked slow and predictable when tasked with playing out from the back. A high line wouldn’t suit him either.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Karanka seemingly likes to have energy at fullback. At Boro he had George Friend bombing it up and down.

Fox is too old to be doing that. Moving him inside and playing Osborn there makes sense.

Osborn doesn’t have great quality on the ball, IMO, but he’s a workhorse and is young. He’ll be up and down that flank alot, with Lolley coming inside.

I hate Karanka’s teams and style of play. So boring. But at this level it is effective.

Wasn't that what Robinson was signed for though? I've heard good stuff about him so it would be a surprise if he's been signed and is playing backup to someone who's not in their natural position 

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Wasn't that what Robinson was signed for though? I've heard good stuff about him so it would be a surprise if he's been signed and is playing backup to someone who's not in their natural position 

Jack Robinson played at CB for QPR last season. Probably signed for versatility more than anything.

Archived