Phone signal at Pride Park

loweman2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've got a Samsung on Virgin and never have any problems. I think that's mainly because it stays in my pocket until I leave the ground.

I can't remember what network I'm on due to the concussion I received thanks to some lout giving me a whack around the back of the head at half time

35 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Signal works fine after about 5 minutes into the game, someone near me made the fair point that it might be intentional, preventing people streaming the game out of the ground etc. Without joining the tin foil hat brigade, I do find it odd the signal returns at virtually the same time every game. 

It’ll be because the highest usage is before kick off and at half time. Five minutes into the match, demand has died down as people concentrate on the match. 

During any long breaks in play you’ll notice the networks fail too. 

45 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Signal works fine after about 5 minutes into the game, someone near me made the fair point that it might be intentional, preventing people streaming the game out of the ground etc. Without joining the tin foil hat brigade, I do find it odd the signal returns at virtually the same time every game. 

That’d be a tough sell for Mel to get EE, Vodafone, O2 et all to cripple their networks before the match and at half time. 

It’s just network congestion, nothing more, nothing less. 

9 minutes ago, David said:

I don't think @loweman2 was around in those days or remembers much about the BBG ?

40 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't know how we used to manage without a phone at the BBG. 

I used to carry this bad boy around, clear as crystal, only problem was there was no internet, no 2g no 3G and no 4g And it weighed 11lbs.

941BDE0A-9518-467A-B1AB-FE2F12C60AFC.jpeg

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

I am at the end of my massive tether with my stupid phone being as much use as a brick when I go to the match.

its an iPhone X and I on sky which is the O2 signal.

i have tried lowering it to 3G as well as 4g but both as bad.

i can literally get nothing to respond that requires a signal, I often just want to check sky bet and other scores but it never loads up.

in this day and age I would expect an iPhone X costing £1,000 to at least receive a signal.

it shows a signal in the display but I have learned that means nothing.

i see people all around me using their phones so is it my phone, apple phones ? Sky /o2 or what ?

i have tried restarting it, reentering the Sky apn settings for data but nothing.

is there a club WiFi available ?

does anybody else have these issues or has anybody rectified it.

please help it is doing my head in !

cheers

I'm at the end of my massive tether that 20,000 folk are wasting their time playing with or looking at their phones instead of watching the football or talking with their children, families, friends at half time about the football and all the rest!

Zombies the lot of ya!....... Bring back The Baseball Ground and real life communication!

Right time to log out, watch EFL on Quest and ignore every word the misses says.....god knows what she's rabbiting about!

31 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Can you honestly say you never check your phone ?

Don’t tell me what I’m there for ! ?

Apologies, it was a bit blunt. Yes I do check my phone occasionally but I’ve never understood the repeated calls for WiFi installation. Your bets won’t change if you don’t check on them, and if you’re constantly thinking about cashing out, you’ve wasted your ticket money.  Fair enough, each to their own, but I don’t get it really. Unless there’s no signal near away grounds for my drunken match report - then I’m on your side!

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Im on o2, never has worked in the ground so rarely try it now.

While were whining, it was my round at half time today, the Real Ale bar in the South Stand concourse ran out of Pedigree and two of us had to drink Hobgoblin.....ducking sort it Mel?

That is unbelievable @uttoxram75 , bloody hobgoblin ! Would never have happened at the BBG fella ! ?

3 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

That is unbelievable @uttoxram75 , bloody hobgoblin ! Would never have happened at the BBG fella ! ?

I wanted 5 pints of Pedigree and had to settle for 3, and 2 pints of Hobgoblin. to rub salt in the wound there was no Gin Bar available in the South Stand today aaaaaannnndddd, I couldn't email the club to complain because there was no ducking signal.

You're right fella, never would have happened at the BBG...

Archived