Sky

David

I have the full sports package, every channel, the whole lot. I even pay the extra in 2018 to get it in glorious HD. 

For some reason I'm unable to watch SSN or Sky Sports Mix in HD, both chuck up errors that eventually take me to pages asking for more money, all other sports channels work fine. 

Can't be right this, anyone else get the same?

Njhl3BZOR86fY8aAkVzI%w.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Ring up sky and get them to resend the magic down !

I've given up ringing Sky due to the language barrier, try to use live chat where possible but can't trigger a link to it today. Found SMS and Facebook which claim to be open 7 days a week till 8pm but when messaged both say closed. 

Are you on Sky Q or the older Sky+ HD box?

19 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

On sky q mate, the problem you are quoting needs the system refreshing on their system, I assume you have tried removing the card etc and restarting without it in ?

Didn't think to reboot without card, just tried it but still no luck, will swing them another message on Monday morning

4 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Has it always been that way, or normally OK and just started doing that today? 

I don't know to be honest, last weekend I wanted to watch Sky Sports Mix for Redzone, first time I've ever tried to watch it, at first I could only find the SD channel as the HD wasn't in the Sports tab. 

I went to find the HD as SD was unwatchable with my dodgy eyes and found SSN HD at the same time, I thought there wasn't a HD news channel as again it wasn't in the Sports tab, just assumed they were being tight even though Soccer Saturday was in HD through the other channels. 

Put them both into my favourites and removed News SD, went to watch the Sky Sports Mix HD and wouldn't let me due to the error, didn't think to try News at the time.

Today went to put it on for Soccer Saturday as I couldn't be bothered to listen to the Fulham post match and the error came up on News as well.

It's a bit weird that both channels are not in the Sports tab. 

17 hours ago, David said:

I've given up ringing Sky due to the language barrier, try to use live chat where possible but can't trigger a link to it today. Found SMS and Facebook which claim to be open 7 days a week till 8pm but when messaged both say closed. 

most call centres are now located in another county, they follow flow charts based upon your answer. Ask to be escalated to level 2 and back to someone in the UK. They will sort it for you,  benn with Sky so long we get transferred to that department automatically, “VIP” service. Having a VIP service is just admiring that your normal service is poo though, ridiculous. 

19 hours ago, David said:

We're in dispute with Sky at the moment.

Signed up to a new package  costing £93 pm. The webchat conversation clearly confirms the package 'including all your sports' will be in HD.

Now they're saying it's extra.

Dealing with Sky is like dealing with loan sharks.

Good luck with your issues.

1 hour ago, David said:

Still can’t wrap my head around HD being an extra in 2018, I swear the quality of their SD channels are much worse than BBC, ITV and C4.

Got it down to £2pm which isn’t that bad, but still

They're only doing hd from 1st of October I think we had a letter about it, our subscription is SD but is going up £2/month from our October bill because they are only broadcasting HD sky sports

My Sky has gone from under £80 a month in the 1st year, to around £140 a month 2 years in. 

On top of that, the missus pays £25 extra a month for BT Sport, and we've got Netflix and Prime on top.

I don't even watch TV much either, unless it's Derby and the odd other game.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

My Sky has gone from under £80 a month in the 1st year, to around £140 a month 2 years in. 

On top of that, the missus pays £25 extra a month for BT Sport, and we've got Netflix and Prime on top.

Get Now TV

On 23/09/2018 at 19:38, reveldevil said:

You seriously need to ring them and say you'll leave unless they halve your bill: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/haggle-with-sky-existing-customer-tips/

Archived