Bradley Johnson

cannable

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/09/2018 at 18:32, cannable said:

What’s happened to him?! He’s played that role before and was always a super effective screen but he’s taking it a step further now. 

He’s turning away from defenders, he’s playing it through the lines, he’s spraying it in behind!

He’s running the show, his last two games have been the most complete performances since 13/14 George. 

They did used to call him The Norfolk Pirlo!

Quality , that sums him up from his last 3 games ! 

Don’t know if anyone’s noticed but BJ has slowed down his decision making which has made him less rash and look for the right ball he seems to not play his first instinctive pass all the time now and when in doubt take a touch slow it down and wait for options ....had a really good game tonight I thought ??

Echo the sentiments here... It wouldn't have bothered me if BJ had been sold in the summer but whether its been a word in his ear by Lampard or the movement ahead of him he's becoming one o four better players. 

He had an excellent, composed game last night - motm for me.

10 hours ago, cannable said:

You’re doing him a disservice there mate! He absolutely ran the show! 

I know that Wilson was MOTM but Bradley ran him a close second - without wanting to be contrite, WIlson wouldn't have got a kick if Johnson hadn't done his bit first.

Probably always been one of the first to criticise but whatever has made him play like he is right now needs to keep happening. Unrecognisable last night. 

And Bryson tbf. Been playing better in the deeper situations than he ever has. Never has he dictated from deep but he's looking much better at it 

Superb performance by BJ.

However, he's always had this ability. When he first joined and in his first 5-10 matches or so, he was immense. Not only giving us some steel we'd previously lacked, but I remember then that he could make space for himself, moved the ball well and produced some superb defence-splitting passes. At the time I thought "This is what we've been missing."

But, it all started to go wrong. I seem to remember him being injured, his form took a sudden nose-dive and he was getting merciless stick. Didn't he even get clapped off in one match? Disgusting stuff. He was never the same as he was in that first spell of his time at Derby, although he has popped up with some useful goals.

He seems born again, obviously a confidence player. He's letting himself down with his shooting at the moment, but once he gets that back, I think he'll prove to be one of the best, and most complete, midfielders in this league.

Can't remember who it was that said it but after the Rotherham match someone said they weren't worried about the midfield coz if there's one thing Lampard knows, it's the midfield. I remember being rather annoyed at that point with the midfield coordination and balance but that comment made a lot of sense and helped put my mind at ease. Have to say that in the three games following it, the midfield trio have been imperious and so complementary to each other. I'm loving the absolute authority with which the midfield is running the games and long may it continue!

Well he's suddenly looking like a player isn't he?

Not to take anything away from Bradders, but the new management team clearly are working some magic, there's been a big confidence boost, players are also starting to play without fear and they seem well drilled tactically too. you can see it across the squad. 

Lovely stuff!

Archived