Curtis Davies injury

whiteroseram

Why would we play Timori in a position he's never played in before when we have Huddlestone, Ledley, Johnson, Evans and Thorne who can all play that position.

Square peg, round hole comes to mind. Let them 3 battle out for the 2 CB's positions, don't just assume Timori can play CDM, just to fit him in the team. I'm sure Frank won't do that either.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tinman said:

What is this ridiculous obsession amongst some derby fans of playing centre backs in midfield despite them having g never played there. It’s ducking ridiculous. 

It’s nearly up there with throwing seats at your own fans. 

Yeah cos that little girl thought on her way to hospital 'I hope the next time I come to a game that Tomori will be playing in midfield'. 

I heard when he got injured it was more like 2 months than the two weeks mentioned and it’s seemed that’s come true. Shouldn’t be too long now either way, tho Tomori has done a decent job in his absence, he doesn’t quite have the defensive prowess and command of Davies, particulary in the air so will be good news for Curt to return.

2 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Why would we play Timori in a position he's never played in before when we have Huddlestone, Ledley, Johnson, Evans and Thorne who can all play that position.

Square peg, round hole comes to mind. Let them 3 battle out for the 2 CB's positions, don't just assume Timori can play CDM, just to fit him in the team. I'm sure Frank won't do that either.

Working on that basis, would Gareth Bale be playing for Real Madrid if previous managers had kept him in his round peg, round hole position of left back?

It's ridiculous to say that at such a young age that every player has got to spend the rest of his career in that position, simply because he hasn't played anywhere else in his long career of a handful of games. 

What's wrong when assessing a player's strengths and weaknesses, debating wether he would be able to play in another position?

Sessyone of Fulham is another one who has changed position. 

5 hours ago, ram59 said:

It's not ridiculous, it's watching a players abilities and faults, then questioning wether he would be better suited to another position.

For me Tomori would enjoy the freedom to play a bit more forward and create a bit more. His ability in the air would be a bonus in that position. Also he has a tendency to make errors of judgment, these would be far less damaging with the defence behind him. 

I suppose there were Southampton fans ridiculing others for suggesting that fine left back Bale should play elsewhere. 

But he doesn’t have what it takes to play at holding midfield… it’s a role that’s about being in the right place all the time and his whole game is about recovery. 

On 19/09/2018 at 13:02, ram59 said:

It's not ridiculous, it's watching a players abilities and faults, then questioning wether he would be better suited to another position.

For me Tomori would enjoy the freedom to play a bit more forward and create a bit more. His ability in the air would be a bonus in that position. Also he has a tendency to make errors of judgment, these would be far less damaging with the defence behind him. 

I suppose there were Southampton fans ridiculing others for suggesting that fine left back Bale should play elsewhere. 

square pegs round holes springs to mind

On 19/09/2018 at 17:57, ram59 said:

Working on that basis, would Gareth Bale be playing for Real Madrid if previous managers had kept him in his round peg, round hole position of left back?

It's ridiculous to say that at such a young age that every player has got to spend the rest of his career in that position, simply because he hasn't played anywhere else in his long career of a handful of games. 

What's wrong when assessing a player's strengths and weaknesses, debating wether he would be able to play in another position?

Sessyone of Fulham is another one who has changed position. 

i think the above is finding life a little more difficult nowadays

• 4 months later...
Just now, HantsRam said:

Not as i recall but he was dressed smartly and spoke articulately. 

You could understand every word.....then they would cut to Charlie nicholas and some woman I'd never seen before ?

Saw him in between The Undateables, very impressed, hope he still has a future playing the game but he’d move seamlessly to that role ?

Archived