v Brentford (H) Match Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I’m not angry/upset etc.. just suprised.  I’ll be at Old Trafford Tuesday, realistically I’m not holding out for a win  , but I won’t go to any match. Thinking we’re gonna lose this. . I’d never go there with my boy saying on the way down “I reckon we’ll lose this 4-0 , I’ll be saying we’re  there bogie team etc, we could nick it etc..But in the championship we must surely not beat in the minds of the supporters before kick off? Are we not hoping for promotion? 

I know BTW your not one of the negative posters. But when I’m asked on match day what the score might be, i just can’t get my head round people saying we’re gonna lose 2-0, 1-0 Etc

A lot of folks aren't fans anymore they are amateur pundits. 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I’m not angry/upset etc.. just suprised.  I’ll be at Old Trafford Tuesday, realistically I’m not holding out for a win  , but I won’t go to any match. Thinking we’re gonna lose this. . I’d never go there with my boy saying on the way down “I reckon we’ll lose this 4-0 , I’ll be saying we’re  there bogie team etc, we could nick it etc..But in the championship we must surely not beat in the minds of the supporters before kick off? Are we not hoping for promotion? 

I know BTW your not one of the negative posters. But when I’m asked on match day what the score might be, i just can’t get my head round people saying we’re gonna lose 2-0, 1-0 Etc

I guess it comes down to the "head says, heart says" phrase we hear a lot. My heart says a solid 2-0 win with the most complete performance of the season building on Tuesdays good first half performance. My head says a 2-1 loss to a good Brentford team due to 3 halves of underwhelming football since the international break. We've taken just a point from Rotherham and Blackburn so I don't think it's beyond reality to not beat Brentford. 

If I was a betting man I wouldn't be backing us, which I won't be. As last years home game vs Brentford showed though; all you need is a bit of luck and you could end up cruising to a convincing home win. I don't think we've had that luck in the last couple of games. 

I think the point here is every game at this level is up for grabs. There's no favourite in the majority of games. We're still a massive work in progress which is why there is plenty of doubt from my POV. 

Think we'll do well today. We'll be mad for it after playing well on Tuesday, they will be a bit fed up after only drawing vs Ipswich.

We usually do well against them at home and their nice style is probably easier for us to play against than others.

Wish I was going as think it will be good game.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

We usually do well against them at home and their nice style is probably easier for us to play against than others.

This!

in many ways I actually see this as an easier game than a Rotherham or a Blackburn. They won’t park the bus and our attacking players will probably have more space to play in.

of course, we need to defend well as they are a threat going forward.

Them not having Woods in midfield imo will be a huge loss for them this season. They're dangerous going forward but I think we should be able to find spaces in our attacking positions as well.

Wouldnt be suprised to see Huddlestone back in today so when we get the ball we can have a bit of control rather than them being able to have it and us just chasing them all game.

Carson; Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone; Huddlestone Johnson; Waghorn Mount Bennett; Nugent

Subs - Roos Forsyth Wisdom Bryson Wilson FloJo Marriott

Jozefzoon is a must start, against his old club guaranteed to score, you how it works. 

Expect we will see something like Carson, Forsyth, Tomori, Keogh, Bogle, Johnson, Bryson, Mount, Jozefzoon, Waghorn and Bennett.

As much as Frank appears to like Nugent, you do have to manage him well with the miles he has on the clock, you can't ask him to run himself into the ground Tuesday Saturday Tuesday. Think we'll see him lead the line again at Old Trafford, giving him this afternoon off.

Huddlestone as well I can see starting Tuesday rather than today.

28 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Carson
Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone
Johnson
Bryson Mount
Waghorn Marriott Bennett

is what I'd go with today. Please give Marriott a chance, at least. 

Luv it just luv it if Marriott starts. Could he be the new Dean Saunders or the new Derek Hales ...................

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Let’s drop fozzy and put in a player who hasn’t impressed much at all.........yes the more I think about the better the plan seems?

Amazes me that. I get the want for Marriot up top as none of the strikers have took it by the scruff as yet. Forsyth is actually playing to an acceptable level. If we were talking forwards then Forsyth would be on about 3-4 goals for the season.

CF and Deep lying Mid are the contentious positions at the minute.

Archived