v Brentford (H) Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Saity said:

I always do last scorer Carl just ask, most bookies do it at same odds as first goalscorer

Same here if there in person. Doesn't seem so obviously available online. I try not to bet too often so haven't enquired! Did just log in to check today and Bet 365 had paid out early on my Derby win at 3.30!!!!

Best first half I’ve seen in a while, what impressed me today ( aswell as the great football) was the amount of second balls we won, which I was a bit critical of before. Can’t really say anyone has a bad game today and Brentford are no mugs.

deserved MOTM for Bryson, shoutout to jono and Tomori, great game

Great win, great performance

Once again, Ill said it after the blackburn game and Ill say it now.. Lets not get caught up with points, promotion or any of that balls. Fair enough, glance at the table and have a giggle when stoke duck up... but lets not act like this season is make or break for FL. I just want to see exciting football, chances created and enjoy the season.  If we finish 11th (which may well happen), then thats fine. Bennett and Bogle are getting better and better.

Im thinking long term and only worry is what the duck do we do when mount goes back to chelsea at the end of the season. I also prdict we will lose vs tough away teams e.g boro, leeds, west brom but play well in patches which will be something to learn from for next season, anything more is a bonus.  Home performances will be fun, on the front foot, lots of chances, passing play, picking up second balls, bogle making runs, nugent pressing high, very exciting. The blackburn game was better than most games we played at home last season.

We have had chances and chances to build managers up and develop a style but it hasnt happened in the past, lets hope FL will stay with us for next season. Because you cant expect a new inexperienced manager to get promotion first season. This season for me is a transition season, where we introduce our youngsters and implement a style of football. Next season will be epic if FL is still here, mark my words

21 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

That first half is as good as we’ve played since McClaren. I was massively against Tomori at the start of the season but boy what a performance! Mount is a future England star, no doubt about it. And our Bogle might just join him....

Think we can easily get tomoroi of chelsea, they wont care much for him. 1-2 mill is a bargain

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Bryson played well (especially that assist) but he didn’t deserve MOTM today. The amount of ground that Mount covered in that first half was absolutely insane, and he supplemented it with real quality. Thought Wilson and Nuge were excellent as well.

Bryson 100000% deserved it. Won the ball back on numerous occasions, was regularly the player closing down their defence which in turn encouraged the rest of the team to push up and press, was selfless with his assist and rarely lost the ball. Mount was fantastic, as were most players, but Bryson was the standout player on the pitch today in my opinion 

44 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Booing at Villa Park......what a shame.

and at stoke... *titters all round*

not at the end i might add, they thought they might nick a point, but with 10mins to go at 0-3........ not happy potters p.s. Tom Ince scored

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Bryson played well (especially that assist) but he didn’t deserve MOTM today. The amount of ground that Mount covered in that first half was absolutely insane, and he supplemented it with real quality. Thought Wilson and Nuge were excellent as well.

Get the drinks in son.

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

He did have a good shout for MOTM but at his age he should really be covering a lot of the pitch, Bryson was into everything today at the grand old age of 31. Mount was class tho.

Archived