Black Cards

FindernRam

In Rugby League there is a thing called a black card. A player is sent off but can be replaced by a sub.

In these febrile days of frequent Red cards ruining matches for the fans; when descriptions such as "soft" Red, "strong " Yellow are all the rage, an intermediate card that sends off the offender but allows a replacement might take the heat out of contentious decisions, and not spoil the game as much.

Another use could be to replace the red for two yellows in a game.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I prefer a sin-bin option.

10 minutes on the naughty step would help IMO

As a rugby union fan, I am a great advocate of 10 minutes in the sin-bin.

How many times do we here the commentator saying 'he took one for the team'. When actually other than a potential one match ban after so many 'ones for the team', the team itself is not punished.

10 minutes on the sideline might just make some of them think a little

41 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

As a rugby union fan, I am a great advocate of 10 minutes in the sin-bin.

How many times do we here the commentator saying 'he took one for the team'. When actually other than a potential one match ban after so many 'ones for the team', the team itself is not punished.

10 minutes on the sideline might just make some of them think a little

Even if they're "taking one for the team" when there's a minute left on the clock? 

3 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Even if they're "taking one for the team" when there's a minute left on the clock? 

Still you get ten minutes. If the time runs out then that is it. But the team suffer by losing a player. It works in rugby. (where I might add the discipline is far greater)

Archived