Dear Moon

Carl Sagan

2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

isn't it telling that the first credible threat of punishment comes to the guy who dared to mess with Wall Street investors

I wouldn't dream of pondering the implications in present company, but yeah. 

Is the trip to Mars off now then?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, StivePesley said:

That's incredible really. The jist is that he said something speculative on Twitter that affected share prices.

Given the massive amounts of corruption and mass tax avoidance that goes on amongst the tech giants that now run our lives - seemingly with impunity - isn't it telling that the first credible threat of punishment comes to the guy who dared to mess with Wall Street investors

This is where we are ...

It wasn't speculative, the tweet was definitive.

He intimated he had funding secured to take Tesla private, at a price well above its current market price, which caused the share price to rise, falsely.

The tweet wasn't just damaging to millionaire Wall St investors, who make up a tiny percentage of the overall market, but to those who invest in the markets through everyday methods such as pensions and investments such as endowments etc without even realising it.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

It wasn't speculative, the tweet was definitive.

He intimated he had funding secured to take Tesla private, at a price well above its current market price, which caused the share price to rise, falsely.

The tweet wasn't just damaging to millionaire Wall St investors, who make up a tiny percentage of the overall market, but to those who invest in the markets through everyday methods such as pensions and investments such as endowments etc without even realising it

We can't get into it as it s getting political but the words "definitively" and "intimated" would appear to be somewhat contradictory

But whatever, I'm not sticking up for Musk or saying he was right or wrong, just pointing out the swiftness of the move for justice as a result of his alleged wrongdoing highlights the state of the world

On 18/09/2018 at 14:54, Spanish said:

what was he quote from The Matrix, 'humans are like a virus, colonising and infecting wherever they go', well something like that

Humanity as a whole are like rooster roaches with no regard for the planet or any other species, destroying everything in our wake with no respect other than for ourselves.All in the name of evolution ,progression,civilisation? But mostly greed.

Certainly don't exclude myself from this ideology, as I would be considered by some ambitious,materialistic and i rather enjoy out polluting my neighbours whilst driving a 6 litre 12 mpg car to work.

Think as a species we our the worst on the planet with no real competion and we be doing the planet a favour by buffering off to mars or making ourselves extinct.( Manure and reds supporters first).

8 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Humanity as a whole are like rooster roaches with no regard for the planet or any other species, destroying everything in our wake with no respect other than for ourselves.All in the name of evolution ,progression,civilisation? But mostly greed.

Certainly don't exclude myself from this ideology, as I would be considered by some ambitious,materialistic and i rather enjoy out polluting my neighbours whilst driving a 6 litre 12 mpg car to work.

Think as a species we our the worst on the planet with no real competion and we be doing the planet a favour by buffering off to mars or making ourselves extinct.( Manure and reds supporters first).

Not necessarily. We’re the only species that has the capability to think about our impact and do something about it. 

Other species would quite happily make their prey extinct, or destroy entire ecosystems if they had the capability. 

Locusts don’t have a second thought for the devastation they cause. And you named rooster roaches yourself. 

We’re the only species that actively engages in conservation of other species, environmental protection etc. 

With great power comes great responsibility. As the dominant, smartest species it is our responsibility to be the earths caretakers. I think we are starting to get that now. 

Archived