v Blackburn Rovers (H) Match Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Wrightdcfc said:

I agree Malone left back for Fozzy and Hudds for Johnson happy days. 

Can't say I agree with either of them decisions , I've been highly critical of Fozzy but this is the best form he's been in since his injury . Can't see that he particularly put a foot wrong tonight. Again with Johnson be harsh to drop him , kept the pace of the game going , especially in the first half. If you want to play with the pace and intensity we saw tonight a player of Johnson's mould is key. Only change is make is Waghorn in for Jozefzoon.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best performance of our season- much much better than rowettball and bogle outstanding

Look guys, if we are gonna get hung up on pts targets /play offs - we will just get frustrated and impatient

The way I am approaching this season is that I want , entertainment, youth, pace, and us trying to build a style. Yes we lacked it in the final third and most passes didnt come off, but I could see what we were trying to do. I thought we played well, passed the ball well until the last third, and very unlucky not to win. I would happily come back to watch that performance any day of the week

This season is transition season- next season is ours, relax guys

3 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Best performance of our season- much much better than rowettball and bogle outstanding

Look guys, if we are gonna get hung up on pts targets /play offs - we will just get frustrated and impatient

The way I am approaching this season is that I want , entertainment, youth, pace, and us trying to build a style. Yes we lacked it in the final third and most passes didnt come off, but I could see what we were trying to do. I thought we played well, passed the ball well until the last third, and very unlucky not to win. I would happily come back to watch that performance any day of the week

This season is transition season- next season is ours, relax guys

Where did you park?

Johnson played very well tonight, can not believe how some fans thought he was poor tonight, where they even there tonight, please stop jumping on players backs for no reason, in fact try to support our club, you might even find its more enjoyable to get behind the team than slag them off all the time,  btw Frank was right tonight , we played some excellent football tonight, and were  very unlucky not to win.

23 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Is it only me (probably yes) that thinks Cameron Jerome would have been a good option to bring on

Yes it’s only you, oh and maybe the boring snake ? 

I've just got back to Brum from the match. Without looking at other posts to sway my thoughts, I felt that, that was the best performance of the season and with a bit luck we could have won comfortably. We didn't work the keeper enough though. 

The poorest players were the subs, none of which made any impact. I thought Forsyth had a decent game, particularly when Mount didn't go with his runner and Forsyth managed to deal with 2 players on his own. 

Mom, Bryson who had his best game in some time. 

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

I've just got back to Brum from the match. Without looking at other posts to sway my thoughts, I felt that, that was the best performance of the season and with a bit luck we could have won comfortably. We didn't work the keeper enough though. 

The poorest players were the subs, none of which made any impact. I thought Forsyth had a decent game, particularly when Mount didn't go with his runner and Forsyth managed to deal with 2 players on his own. 

Mom, Bryson who had his best game in some time. 

Thought Bryson did well in a role that doesn’t really suit him but would argue that without context he was our worst player tonight 

Not that anybody played badly though

As many have said good performance 

my concern at the moment is that for all the good football, and It was really good at times particurly through bennet and Bogle was that we’re just not working the gk enough.

canny champiship sides know how to defend their box and for all the pretty football we were crying out for a vydra type to just turn and last one from the edge of the box.

Thought Danny graham caused keogh and tomori a few shaky moments too and I always feel we’ve got a mistake in us at the back atm

clean sheet though so can’t conplain too much about them 

7 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Johnson played very well tonight, can not believe how some fans thought he was poor tonight, where they even there tonight, please stop jumping on players backs for no reason, in fact try to support our club, you might even find its more enjoyable to get behind the team than slag them off all the time,  btw Frank was right tonight , we played some excellent football tonight, and were  very unlucky not to win.

Every  now and then Johnson reminds us that he is a limited footballer. Examples were his attempt at a cross with the outside of his left foot or his shot from 40 yards. This gives the boo boys fuel.

I thought he worked hard. My main criticism would be how he allowed Dack in particular to lever him off headers. It happened half a dozen times at least. 

7 hours ago, SaffyRam said:

Have I just got in from a different match to some of you? ?

I thought Johnson was immense and Fozzy was in the running for my man of the match.

That was the best I’ve seen us play for a long time. Bloomin’ loved it.

Up the Rams ???

Was a good performance I agree and compared to last seasons drivel it was miles better to watch but disagree about Fozzy he didn't make any calamitous errors he just seems to be too unpredictable when he gets the ball and his team mates don't seem to know what hes going to do with it  either

Archived