v Blackburn Rovers (H) Match Thread

Boycie

God, how didn’t we win! 

Just a few thoughts, I sit in line with the goal and from my angle it looked like our penalty shout was right from the ref and that they should of had a pen early on! 

Closest I’ve seen to us play how Lampard wants us too! Some real nice fast flowing football 

Carson 7

Bogle 8- brilliant 

Keogh 7 id like to see him go on his runs again, it pushes the team forward! 

Tomori 8 some nice passing making us go forward 

Fozzy 7 good game

Johnson 7 gets stuck in, cant pass

Mount 7 hard work missed a couple decent chances 

Bryson 8 brilliant was everywhere 

Josefzoon 6 struggled

Nugent 7 ran ran ran

Bennett 7 it’ll come! 

Would like to see Marriott start on Saturday if not to at least come on 20 minutes earlier! 

Got to move on... it was one of them games 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can Tomori play as a holding mid? If so push him up and stick Davies back in when he is fit.

I think (hope) this is the long term plan. He isn’t shy going forward and with Curtis  behind him he’d be better and more confident. 

All in all though, Bogle was brilliant tonight. Our one spark on a dull damp Tuesday. 

Unpopular opinion so I expect to be downvoted but taking the glamour away, Lampard has been average so far. We’ve had easy fixtures which has helped him to settle in so it’s going to be make or break between now and new year where the fixtures get tougher on paper. I guess that’s to be expected because he’s a rookie but he appears to be making the same mistakes as previous managers(Im looking at the season as a whole rather than this particular game where admittedly we played better but still not brilliant)

Like Rowett, Lampard appears to value hard work and passion higher than tactical play, so much so that by his own admission we did next to no tactical work for the first few weeks of pre season, purely physical work, whilst Leeds were doing triple sessions daily in pre season involving tactical work. Also, like Rowett, Lampard hasn’t really done anything so far to improve the midfield as a unit.

Meanwhile, he’s making similar mistakes to Clement where he’s expecting championship players to play like champions league quality players with this rotating midfield. Early this season he made Ledley play high up the pitch for some strange reason which made Ledley look worse than he actually is and appeared to do the same with Huddlestone at times against Rotherham. Maybe if we tried it more in pre season we’d be more accustomed to it but the likes Johnson of or Bryson aren’t good enough to play that kind of style.

Like a few previously, I’d honestly be looking to get Butterfield back into the fold somehow to act as a stop gap until January at least. He’d at least give us more technical ability in the midfield and put Huddlestone back in but as a defensive midfielder, none of this roaming up the pitch nonsense which leaves us exposed on the counter attack.

January’s  transfer window is going to be massive, I think we will be alright if we appropriately add in the midfield, but if not, I foresee a similar collapse to last season. My opinion.

Positives tonight though: Bennett and Bogle. Bogle’s much better than Wisdom offensively.

Well I think I see the game different to quite a few posters on  here, some of our football was a pleasure to watch, play like this for the rest of the season we will win a lot more than we lose, if we play like this against Brentford we will win, if we had a ball winning midfielder, and a top centre forward we would go up no probs, but what we have now is deffo good enough for top 6, and I for one enjoyed the football being played tonight, bring on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Wrightdcfc said:

I never want to see Bradley Johnson in a Derby shirt again after watching him tonight he’s abysmal.  

I’m sorry but this is just wrong. First half especially, he broke up play well, good in the air, good positionally and his passing was actually quite good, especially short interplay but long game passes also. Why do we always have to have a scapegoat? Talking of scapegoats... Forsyth was very good once again, his decision making is very good at the moment and some of his passing was excellent.

I'm left feeling a bit flat and disappointed. Maybe thats just after a hard day and a rush to get there.

but....they looked a poor side.(£15m bid for Bradley Dack? Darren Moore must have gone loopy).

unlike the majority i thought it took us 25mins to get going.

Nuge showed plenty of effort but i know what Peter Taylor would say.

Flo jo....looked very simon Dawkins. 

Johnno is playing well (for him) but three poor shots in quick succession summed it 

the subs were a bit too late - it was Rowett time by the time Marriott came on. 

Frustrating 

p.s. Bogle was terrific. Turned up at inside left in the last few minutes.

How the duck we didn’t win that match of football I don’t know. Suppose they do say luck evens out and we’ve had a seasons worth of bad luck right there. Atrocious officiating second half again, really is getting beyond a joke in this league. Nothing to worry ourselves about really, some better final balls and finishing needed but tbh it wasn’t like the stats may show, we weren’t missing sitters and much of it was to do with fantastic defending by Blackburn rather than our own attacking incompetency. Special shout out for Bryson who did have an impact today after my pre match comments, and to the ever growing Jayden Bogle, a star in the making.

Disappointing result mind against a team like Blackburn, need to be getting results here like we are expected, especially with the energy we put in there.

Unlucky not to come out with the three points tonight, should of been out of sight in the back stages of the first half and early second half but wasn’t to be. Jayden Bogle is absolutely immense looks like he has been in the side for years so calm and collected and gets forward really well. 

All played well tonight imo. Mason Mount touch of class just needs to practice his shooting skills and could be very deadly. Also be glad to see Malone back. Bradley Johnson’s first half was decent, second wasn’t so good. Don’t know how many chances that lad needs.. 

Crazy how opinions can differ. There's that young lad who films from the game and posts it on YouTube. I assume his opinions are influenced by others around him at the game, but who knows ... anyway, he's uploaded his video and described the first half as boring, awful and had no action whatsoever. Then at full time he described us as having no urgency and no desire. And of course at points during his fairly short video you can hear the fans around him slating the players. It's mad how we can all watch the same thing and come away thinking the complete opposite and how our expectations can differ so massively despite supporting the same club

42 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Tell me then - what clear cut chances did we create from open play tonight.......?

Well for one, there was Bogle’s that the keeper stopped.

Numerous wasted balls in from wide that came from good build up. 

Your post is riddled with so much absolute knicker twisting guff it is pathetic.

I agree with a few posters , it was an entertaining game without any goals. Again it’s a real shame we can’t capitalise when we’re dominating a first half. We knew we scared then to death first half so second was always gonna be difficult as they made some tactical changes. I don’t agree with you @Wrightdcfc about Jono not ever wearing a derby shirt again? Who would you bring on? Along side Bryson and Mount? 

4 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

I’m sorry but this is just wrong. First half especially, he broke up play well, good in the air, good positionally and his passing was actually quite good, especially short interplay but long game passes also. Why do we always have to have a scapegoat? Talking of scapegoats... Forsyth was very good once again, his decision making is very good at the moment and some of his passing was excellent.

Yeah first half he made an impact but second half he did sod all and his shooting is shoscking. Roll on Evans return. Johnson never suited that role anyway.. or any role at Derby to be honest 

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I agree with a few posters , it was an entertaining game without any goals. Again it’s a real shame we can’t capitalise when we’re dominating a first half. We knew we scared then to death first half so second was always gonna be difficult as they made some tactical changes. I don’t agree with you @Wrightdcfc about Jono not ever wearing a derby shirt again? Who would you bring on? Along side Bryson and Mount? 

Not Bryson for a start. 

11 minutes ago, Saity said:

Nothing seemed to drop for us tonight and we could easily have won that by a couple of goals , I thought FloJo had a poor game and Fozzy still frustrates the hell out of me as you never know what you’re going to get .

on the plus side we pretty much dominated the game and thought Wilson looked lively when he came on .....Marriott,Wilson and Waghorn to be front three for me against the bees Saturday as Mason Bennett looked to have taken a knock 

good first half from Johnson but not so good second half and would like to see Malone given a chance for Fozzy  and maybe Hudds for Johnson or Bryson 

a draw is not the end of the world but Saturday will be tougher 

I agree Malone left back for Fozzy and Hudds for Johnson happy days. 

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Unpopular opinion so I expect to be downvoted but taking the glamour away, Lampard has been average so far. We’ve had easy fixtures which has helped him to settle in so it’s going to be make or break between now and new year where the fixtures get tougher on paper. I guess that’s to be expected because he’s a rookie but he appears to be making the same mistakes as previous managers(Im looking at the season as a whole rather than this particular game where admittedly we played better but still not brilliant)

Like Rowett, Lampard appears to value hard work and passion higher than tactical play, so much so that by his own admission we did next to no tactical work for the first few weeks of pre season, purely physical work, whilst Leeds were doing triple sessions daily in pre season involving tactical work. Also, like Rowett, Lampard hasn’t really done anything so far to improve the midfield as a unit.

Meanwhile, he’s making similar mistakes to Clement where he’s expecting championship players to play like champions league quality players with this rotating midfield. Early this season he made Ledley play high up the pitch for some strange reason which made Ledley look worse than he actually is and appeared to do the same with Huddlestone at times against Rotherham. Maybe if we tried it more in pre season we’d be more accustomed to it but the likes Johnson of or Bryson aren’t good enough to play that kind of style.

Like a few previously, I’d honestly be looking to get Butterfield back into the fold somehow to act as a stop gap until January at least. He’d at least give us more technical ability in the midfield and put Huddlestone back in but as a defensive midfielder, none of this roaming up the pitch nonsense which leaves us exposed on the counter attack.

January’s  transfer window is going to be massive, I think we will be alright if we appropriately add in the midfield, but if not, I foresee a similar collapse to last season. My opinion.

Positives tonight though: Bennett and Bogle. Bogle’s much better than Wisdom offensively.

I fear you've picked the wrong game to highlight this. We were far more tactically adept that Blackburn, to the point where they were getting so battered they made a sub before half time and changed their formation.

Thought Derby were excellent tonight, I really enjoyed watching them. We won't play like that again and not score a couple, tonight there was just some weird force field keeping the ball out of their goal.

I actually came away having enjoyed that far more than some wins we had last season.

Exactly the sort of football I hoped we'd be seeing, and long may it last.

Archived