v Blackburn Rovers (H) Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

We were never going to score from minute 1 - if you go into a match with Bryson & Johnson in midfield you are doomed. Neither can pass water let alone a football. Until Lampard realises that midfield players have to be able pass to other players we aren’t going anywhere in a hurry. All both do is run around & give the ball away or dwell on it so long by the time they pass to another white shirt all momentum is lost.

Until Johnson, Butterfield, Bryson, Huddlestone & Ledley are all moved on at the end of the season in favour of players who can play the Lampard way we just don’t move the ball quickly enough in midfield or from the back 4 to give our forward players the time or space to break teams down. It was the same at Rotherham at the weekend & same tonight.

I’m even at a loss to say who would make a difference right now as I don’t think we have a midfielder at the club who can combine passing & athletic ability - those who can pass cant run & those who can run can’t pass! Think we’ve had the Lampard honeymoon period & a long hard winter keeping above the bottom 3 lies ahead. Brentford are going to slaughter us at the weekend - we wont get the ball back.........

With respect, you are talking absolute poo here

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

He won’t be disappointed, I thought exactly the same 

Me too. He run around which is a given, had a brief five minutes halfway through the first half where he looked to get involved offensively, then became the Bryson I’ve seen all season, where he’s just there but doing nothing whatsoever to affect the match. 

He wasn’t bad, per se. Just bang average.

In terms of the match as a whole, that’s a victory most times. Mount was impressive again, as was Bogle. Jozefzoon the only ‘poor’ display. Just too many were okay or average. It needed someone other than Mount to try and either unlock the door or try their luck from range. Sadly, Johnson was the only other one to try, and got it wrong, more than once. 

Which brings me back to Bryson.... what does he offer?

Regards the opposition, I thought they were awful first half and saved by fortune and bravery. But second half they worried us and remained brave and fortunate. They’ll be well pleased tonight. 

Decent then, on the whole. But no more than that.

Bogle my man of the match. 

15 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

8 games into the season, we have played 4 of the bottom 5 and only 1 team that will end up in the top half at the end of the season. Thr one decent team we played totally blew us off the park... and we are 8th...god help us when we have to actually play some of the good sides in this league. 

1JI0.gif

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

8 games into the season, we have played 4 of the bottom 5 and only 1 team that will end up in the top half at the end of the season. Thr one decent team we played totally blew us off the park... and we are 8th...god help us when we have to actually play some of the good sides in this league. 

Or you could look at it that we have played a lot of teams that are going to sit in & be difficult to break down, when we play the so called better teams we might get more chances as there is likely to be more spaces to attack in.

As for Leeds, they are going to be similar to Wolves who also blew us off the park early in the season last season & we ended up in the playoffs which i'm sure everyone would take this season

21 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oh, and your opinion is fact right ?

18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Show me where I said that...... 

28 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

He won’t be disappointed, I thought exactly the same. And that's a fact.

It's there in black and white mate.

General consensus from the Blackburn fans I've spoken to is that they are happy with a point and that we should have won. Personally thought we did ok and that Bogle was our stand out player. Johnson had a great 1st half but not as good 2nd half. Their substitutes were more influential than ours and that was a deciding factor.

10 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

It's there in black and white mate.

That’s where you’re wrong, you’ve tied my name to something I’ve not said 

CC9276C9-E9A2-458A-9DB2-0914860E0A59.png

0F0D92A5-A0EA-4F47-9F45-668936D02EFF.png

I’m pro lampard and it will take time but there’s a long way to go and mid table is my expectation , we are toothless in attack and far to often players are on different wavelengths to each other ,not moving to where the pass will go or not passing to where the player is going ,not reading each other ,really wish we had had enough in the pot to have got abraham on loan before villa ,, far far too early to make fair judgement but not seen a glimmer of anything that excites me with Marriott or makes me think he will make the step up and yes I know he’s had very little time on pitch , 

im a rowett hater now and glad he’s gone but it has to be pointed out that the crowd tonight was poor and would have been blamed on people staying away because of rowett ball , Frank has to be very careful we don’t turn into a clement type team with no urgency ,,

work to do franky 

41 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Played well, just the decision making killed us tonight, from shooting, or making one more pass, to giving silly free kicks away...... it’ll come, I can see a good side there. Still very early days. Lawerence my MOM 

Eh?

Apart from the final score that was one heck of an entertaining game. just missing a finishing touch. Could have been 3-0

Bennett and Bogle ... top drawer performances. And don’t they work well together. Bennett helps the midfield balance by sheer physical presence and a willingness to help out, track back and huge desire to be involved. Bogle has gone from academy kid to hot property in the space of half a dozen games. 

Nuge .. ran himself in to the ground and caused trouble all night.

Bryson .. great in the first 60 mins but ran out of steam.

Johnson .. clumsy sometimes yet surprisingly effective on occasions

Mount .. growing, at come points in the game he really was running the show

FloJo .. off day, not getting the ball where he can make best use of it.

everyone else .. did their jobs more or less, just came out empty handed. Pity, if we deserved what we got on Saturday but we didn’t get what we deserved tonight

was it a peno .. I was just too far away to see clearly but I can’t see why Wilson would dive considering where he was ?

ref was conned by way too much casual falling over and shirt tugging and we didn’t get a fair share of decisions. 

Marriot looked very lively when he came on but the team’s energy had dropped at that point which I think dented his chances of having an influence. 

Still ... lots of positives from the style and energy. As the Aussies say ...  She’ll be right mate 

Nearly there...but we didn’t deserve to win tonight. The chances we created were scrappy and we never really got behind them.

Bogle has one of the best first touches in ‘the biz’.

Good job they rested Nugent for 40 minutes of running. Maybe should have rested him for tonight too. And then maybe Saturday, it’s time for Marriott and Waghorn now.

Johnson is the squarest peg in round holes and it’s a shame. Tries his best, and still played well tonight, but wish he could be further up the pitch and effect games more. It only makes the sideways passing and defensive balls more frequent when a player is uncomfortable. So

Mount starting to look class. Bit greedy but he’s looking like a proper prospect now.

Need to find a way to break teams down when they don’t come at us.

21 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

General consensus from the Blackburn fans I've spoken to is that they are happy with a point and that we should have won. Personally thought we did ok and that Bogle was our stand out player. Johnson had a great 1st half but not as good 2nd half. Their substitutes were more influential than ours and that was a deciding factor.

I never want to see Bradley Johnson in a Derby shirt again after watching him tonight he’s abysmal.  

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Nearly there...but we didn’t deserve to win tonight. The chances we created were scrappy and we never really got behind them.

Bogle has one of the best first touches in ‘the biz’.

Good job they rested Nugent for 40 minutes of running. Maybe should have rested him for tonight too. And then maybe Saturday, it’s time for Marriott and Waghorn now.

Johnson is the squarest peg in round holes and it’s a shame. Tries his best, and still played well tonight, but wish he could be further up the pitch and effect games more. It only makes the sideways passing and defensive balls more frequent when a player is uncomfortable. So

Mount starting to look class. Bit greedy but he’s looking like a proper prospect now.

Need to find a way to break teams down when they don’t come at us.

Did you see the shots Johnson had ? Wow. A crippled old woman could have done better. 

Nothing seemed to drop for us tonight and we could easily have won that by a couple of goals , I thought FloJo had a poor game and Fozzy still frustrates the hell out of me as you never know what you’re going to get .

on the plus side we pretty much dominated the game and thought Wilson looked lively when he came on .....Marriott,Wilson and Waghorn to be front three for me against the bees Saturday as Mason Bennett looked to have taken a knock 

good first half from Johnson but not so good second half and would like to see Malone given a chance for Fozzy  and maybe Hudds for Johnson or Bryson 

a draw is not the end of the world but Saturday will be tougher 

Archived