v Blackburn Rovers (H) Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Nugent starts im going home. How can you not have a player in the side one day and then start him over a 33 goal striker who was in the team and played well when he came on on Saturday? Marriott deserves his chance up top, would also like to see Waghorn played out wide....

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

If Nugent starts im going home. How can you not have a player in the side one day and then start him over a 33 goal striker who was in the team and played well when he came on on Saturday? Marriott deserves his chance up top, would also like to see Waghorn played out wide....

Not arguing with you but someone posted a stat, with Nuge in played 3 won 3 without Nuge  played 3 lost 3 .

Having a fellow ex-pat and Blackburn fan over this evening to watch the match on Rams TV.

On a scale of “George Thorne” quiet, to “ripping up a seat and chucking it at my girlfriend” levels of lunacy, I’m really not sure how I’m going to react in front of him when we go 1-0 up.

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Except that this ignores how well Nugent has done this season... still you can watch the match when you get home. He needs to be in starting team or on the bench at least.

6 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Except that this ignores how well Nugent has done this season... still you can watch the match when you get home. He needs to be in starting team or on the bench at least.

What has he done this season? Why doesn't Marriott deserve a go? we spent 5 million on him - he scored 33 goals last season and is only 23 yet people seem convinced that 33 year old David Nugent is the answer. FGS if that was the case then Giroud would be starting for France and Mbappe would be on the bench........

2 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

What has he done this season? Why doesn't Marriott deserve a go? we spent 5 million on him - he scored 33 goals last season and is only 23 yet people seem convinced that 33 year old David Nugent is the answer. FGS if that was the case then Giroud would be starting for France and Mbappe would be on the bench........

Mbappe would be on our bench had Mrs Ince got her way!

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Not arguing with you but someone posted a stat, with Nuge in played 3 won 3 without Nuge  played 3 lost 3 .

I get the impression that Frank desperately wants to move away from our old striking team and utilise the new boys.....the trouble is that nuges and Martin's replacements just aren't putting the goals away with anything like the proficiency that lampard needs...hence he keeps going back to Nugent when the cupboards bare.

30 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I get the impression that Frank desperately wants to move away from our old striking team and utilise the new boys.....the trouble is that nuges and Martin's replacements just aren't putting the goals away with anything like the proficiency that lampard needs...hence he keeps going back to Nugent when the cupboards bare.

The reason for that is we are not exactly creating lots of chances per game....they are feasting on crumbs cannot remember too many clear chances for any of the strikers.

58 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not sure I get that impression, Marriott for example has only had 39 minutes of game time, if he was desperate surely he would have been given more minutes on the pitch?

My guess is that Lampard is happy with the performances from Nugent which is why he has kept his place, nothing more. You're not going to walk into the team because we spent X million, your chances will come and until then work hard in training, thats my impression.

Same was as I don't see Wilson walking straight back into the team tonight (this could bite me on the bum in 5 minutes time). 

Definitely not sensing any desperation so far though.

I’d like to see either Marriot or Bennett get the nod in place of Lawrence. Obviously, if it’s Marriott then Waghorn gets pushed out wide. 

Thought Johnson did well last game so wouldn’t drop him. Hate to say it but Huddz didn’t convince me. Bryson back in and Johnson as the ball-winning DM?

Edit: FFS ?

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I’d like to see either Marriot or Bennett get the nod in place of Lawrence. Obviously, if it’s Marriott then Waghorn gets pushed out wide. 

Thought Johnson did well last game so wouldn’t drop him. Hate to say it but Huddz didn’t convince me. Bryson back in and Johnson as the ball-winning DM?

Spot on

Archived