Sign in to follow this  
secretsquirrel

Away kit

14 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Did you see this amazing colorisation that I found, fantastic work ! Really brings the old picture we have all seen a million times to life !

BB21A85B-E0FD-49BC-985F-434C71A49C77.jpeg

Amazing. I would trust it because of the way it's picked up the different suit colours.

15 hours ago, loweman2 said:

1973 fa cup, Leeds red derby blue ! How bizzare ! 🤔

E67E8A63-1735-4A2C-BEC6-E2686DAC5E32.jpeg

What strikes me as odd is I know in 1973 I would still be watching telly in black and white, cue a famous line (borrowed from snooker) “And for those of you watching on black and white televisions, Derby are in blue”.  🤣

15 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Did you see this amazing colorisation that I found, fantastic work ! Really brings the old picture we have all seen a million times to life !

BB21A85B-E0FD-49BC-985F-434C71A49C77.jpeg

This is so well done, I did wonder if this was a genuine colour photo, and the copies we see in B&W were due to the cost of printing in colour at the time. But in zoom mode there are some giveaways that this is a superb piece of colourisation: The brown suits have a "flatness" of tone compared to the untouched grey ones, and the shoes look a touch different. In that era a brown suit would have had brown shoes with it.  

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.