Away kit

secretsquirrel

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

What was the colour then? I'm interest to see how close my recreation got. And do you have a link to this? 

Cheers

EDIT: Just seen later posts showing bright red kit. Poor attempt by the machine learning algorithms in that case! 

It has picked up Toddy in the background has got a red shirt on

2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

derek hales.jpg

I'm just more amazed you've found an image of Hales celebrating a goal - now that is a rarity.

Interestingly enough, you can pretty much deduce (I hope) that this was Colchester away in the FA Cup. The only other goal he scored away from home was at Brizzle, where I think it would have been unlikely for us to wear red.

Oooh, I've come over all Sherlock......

28 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Did you see this amazing colorisation that I found, fantastic work ! Really brings the old picture we have all seen a million times to life !

BB21A85B-E0FD-49BC-985F-434C71A49C77.jpeg

I didn't know this was computer produced, it looks very realistic even down to the well used white turning to grey sock tops, the only thing I would debate is the keeper's jersey as I believe FA rules stated the keepers jersey should be green, red, blue or white unless the rule came in after this date. Yellow was only used for international games.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

I'm just more amazed you've found an image of Hales celebrating a goal - now that is a rarity.

Interestingly enough, you can pretty much deduce (I hope) that this was Colchester away in the FA Cup. The only other goal he scored away from home was at Brizzle, where I think it would have been unlikely for us to wear red.

Oooh, I've come over all Sherlock......

Poor Sherlock ?️♀️ 

15 hours ago, loweman2 said:

1973 fa cup, Leeds red derby blue ! How bizzare ! ?

E67E8A63-1735-4A2C-BEC6-E2686DAC5E32.jpeg

What strikes me as odd is I know in 1973 I would still be watching telly in black and white, cue a famous line (borrowed from snooker) “And for those of you watching on black and white televisions, Derby are in blue”.  ?

15 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Did you see this amazing colorisation that I found, fantastic work ! Really brings the old picture we have all seen a million times to life !

BB21A85B-E0FD-49BC-985F-434C71A49C77.jpeg

This is so well done, I did wonder if this was a genuine colour photo, and the copies we see in B&W were due to the cost of printing in colour at the time. But in zoom mode there are some giveaways that this is a superb piece of colourisation: The brown suits have a "flatness" of tone compared to the untouched grey ones, and the shoes look a touch different. In that era a brown suit would have had brown shoes with it.  

Archived