Away kit

secretsquirrel

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bit of a weird one.

From looking at the players (Archie and Toddy in the background, with sniffer Clark and Trevor Cherry for Leeds) and the Leeds strip I'd guess this is the 1976-1977 match at Elland Road. 

Derby's kit providers at that time were umbro and you can see the diamond on Archies shorts suggesting this was indeed the case.

However, the Ram logo was never in the centre on the umbro kits - it was on the breast facing to the left as you look at the picture.

On balance of probability I'd say blue, as most of ours were, but the misplaced ram makes me wonder if this was a one-off and I haven't been able to find any colour pictures yet ?

42 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

This is a bit of a weird one.

From looking at the players (Archie and Toddy in the background, with sniffer Clark and Trevor Cherry for Leeds) and the Leeds strip I'd guess this is the 1976-1977 match at Elland Road. 

Derby's kit providers at that time were umbro and you can see the diamond on Archies shorts suggesting this was indeed the case.

However, the Ram logo was never in the centre on the umbro kits - it was on the breast facing to the left as you look at the picture.

On balance of probability I'd say blue, as most of ours were, but the misplaced ram makes me wonder if this was a one-off and I haven't been able to find any colour pictures yet ?

The badge may not be in the centre. It could be just the angle and the way his body and shirt are twisted.

Or at least that’s how I see it. Would be weird placement to have the Umbro sign on the top right and our badge in the middle. 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

The badge may not be in the centre. It could be just the angle and the way his body and shirt are twisted.

Or at least that’s how I see it. Would be weird placement to have the Umbro sign on the top right and our badge in the middle. 

It's central - look at Toddy. I'm going to guess this wasn't a standard issue - maybe a bit like the Brighton game a few years back when we we ended up playing in training tops. Something like that.

56 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It's central - look at Toddy. I'm going to guess this wasn't a standard issue - maybe a bit like the Brighton game a few years back when we we ended up playing in training tops. Something like that.

Oh yeah, we’ll spotted. Very odd. 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting. I ran it through an artificial intelligence colourizing program which thinks it's sort of purple? Like it!

1420744319_ArchieGemmillcolouradded.jpg.7744863993bc2008004cca75b50120b3.jpg

Could we not deduce that it is almost the same colour as the trim on the dirties kit? (Which i'd guess would be blue). Or is that not how it works?

2 hours ago, sheffieldram said:

No mystery. This was Derbys away kit during the 1976/77 season.

They played many games in this shirt and yes the badge was in the middle.

What was the colour then? I'm interest to see how close my recreation got. And do you have a link to this? 

Cheers

EDIT: Just seen later posts showing bright red kit. Poor attempt by the machine learning algorithms in that case! 

Archived