Bolton face Administration

LB_DCFC

9 hours ago, Spanish said:

it's been the clear rule for ages though.  Go into admin then you get points deducted or am I missing something?

I don't get why that should be the case, personally? Does going into administration have a performance enhancing effect that means clubs need to be punished. 

It's like kicking a dog when it's down. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I don't get why that should be the case, personally? Does going into administration have a performance enhancing effect that means clubs need to be punished. 

Based on a false premise imo - that overspending has definitely  created an unfairly won benefit. 

You're punishing the club as a legal entity for the actions of one or more of it's officers. If owners had to underwrite clubs with personal guarantees rather than use limited liability law to walk away then I daresay you'd see different behaviors. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Insolvency rules are different to FFP, 2015 the rules changed to enforce a 12 point penalty rather than 10.  I recall that the penalty was brought in to punish clubs that used the admin as a plan to get rid of creditors and come out the other side reasonably intact.  Trouble was that big creditors (HMRC) felt this was a bit too cozy and the rule was brought in to stop HMRC taking a more draconian attitude to all clubs.    Unlike normal insolvency rules football creditors get priority over preferential creditors (another thing that wound the HMRC up)

For me this is one of the rules that is unambiguous and totally fair.  if the dog (Leicester) isn't punished it tends to wake up and bite the ar5es off all the obedient dogs

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Its a surprise they have managed to struggle on this long without relegation to be honest. 

2 years? They were relegated to league 1 in the 16/17 season and were promoted back to the Championship last year.

Archived