Bolton face Administration

LB_DCFC

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Good news for Clement and Rowett... One of the relegation places taken.

8 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

So that's Brum and Bolton facing a 12 points penalty.

That would be 2 of 3 relegation places settled then.

Soon be nothing to play for at the bottom.

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Always sad news to see that. Bolton is a proper decent club as well, decent away day and great fans. One of my preferred teams in the league, when they’re not playing us of course.

Apart from the ludicrous ticket prices they charge.

13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Always sad news to see that. Bolton is a proper decent club as well, decent away day and great fans. One of my preferred teams in the league, when they’re not playing us of course.

apart from when they were in the PL, overspending by miles and trying to prevent relegation from the PL and promotion from the Championship

Just now, Moist One said:

apart from when they were in the PL, overspending by miles and trying to prevent relegation from the PL and promotion from the Championship

Wasn’t commenting on the owners they’ve had in charge, clearly they’ve had more than their fair share of idiots in charge. And that’s how they end up in this situation.

1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

Ridiculous how the EFL have now just started threatening with the 12 point deductions where ever they please.

The rules NEED to be clearer for the future, clubs are just making a mockery of the whole system at the minute. 

it's been the clear rule for ages though.  Go into admin then you get points deducted or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

Ridiculous how the EFL have now just started threatening with the 12 point deductions where ever they please.

The rules NEED to be clearer for the future, clubs are just making a mockery of the whole system at the minute. 

37 minutes ago, Spanish said:

it's been the clear rule for ages though.  Go into admin then you get points deducted or am I missing something?

It changed this season, giving the EFL more power and being able to give higher punishments, and earlier, to clubs that break the FFP rules. Hopefully this will prevent clubs going up before the the EFL have chance to put in place a proper punishment, like with Leicester, Bournemouth and QPR. 

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Wasn’t commenting on the owners they’ve had in charge, clearly they’ve had more than their fair share of idiots in charge. And that’s how they end up in this situation.

well, I remember Bolton not being very welcoming of Derby County in the Premier League, their fans distinctly being very disrespectful to our club as if they were some sort of big team/club.

Now you'll very very rarely hear me say anything about clubs and their fans in a derogatory way, not even the likes of F*rest, but as far as I am concerned, their struggles are deserved. Eat some humble pie. The only thing I like about them is Phil Parkinson.

If Bolton had been throwing money around like us, Villa, etc then I could understand. They've just tried to survive in this league. I could be wrong, but I think they spent less than £500k of the £6m they received for Madine.

If the regulations are in place to protect clubs, truthfully I really don't see how a 12 point deduction, effectively a death sentence for them, is about the league caring about their fans and the future of the club. If anything it puts them in further turmoil & ironically FFP could be the reason one of the founding members of the league dies.

Archived