Cat thread

eddie

Theres a scene in Carry on Loving that always makes me chuckle when I think about it. I can't find a clip, so it's something along the lines of.....

Location: A flat. One flatmate is talking to a man...She is also looking for her flatmate's cat...

Girl: "Cooking Fat", "Cooking Fat"

Man: "That's a very odd name for a cat"

Girl: "Well that's what it sounds like"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

You may well think that, but it’s the shooting comment that gets me! Ever thought about what shooting a pet does to the owners of the car, never mind the poor thing itself! Had two of my three cats shot by some bar steward (of which there was a police investigation into, because funnily enough shooting a cat is a somewhat major offence!), one of which got very lucky and was protected by his ribs, and the other somehow survived against all the odds after an operation peformed by a heroic vet saved his lungs. Poor soul now only has one kidney and ends up in regular coughing fits all because some banker decided his Dislike of cats was above anyone else keeping them. 

So you may well dislike cats, but “wishing you were able to shoot them” is never acceptable in my eyes!

Erm you really need to re read the post as it very very clearly states a tongue in cheek wish that sometimes I was the type that was able to do such a thing ,NOT that i wish it was ok for me or anybody else to do such a thing ,, massive difference mate because what happens In Reality  is we bag up the poo every day and put up with it and don’t even bother talking to the neighbour about it because what’s the point ,, in view of that I don’t think you or anybody else can really begrudge me the right to hate the bloody filthy animals and question why owners think it’s ok to have pets that spread their filth on other people’s gardens whilst not even having them in their own house

On 12/09/2018 at 18:13, Archied said:

The most horrible of animals/pets , we have a neighbor who has two cats which apparently are not house cats ( what’s the point?) and they crap all over our garden , whish I was the type who could shoot the bloody things

Cats only really do their business is soil or long grass. where it can be buried They're clean animals in that respect. The key is to keep your grass cut nice and short. They are also creatures of habit so if you make your garden unattractive to them as a khazi then they will go elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

I have a theory that those who had cats and dogs as children grow up appreciating them and those that didn't are more likely not too like them. It certainly applies to my friends. Just wonder if Archied had cats when he was a child?

That's a fairly uncontroversial theory there ?

In answer to two questions ,, we keep our grass mown and tidy because as I say we use it as a play area for children , the cats just keep peeing and trying to dig it up ,they leave an area bare and poo on top and trust me we have tried everything humanely possible to stop this horrible horrible problem ,, 2 grew up with dogs and cats as pets so that theory doesn’t stand up , I like dogs just cannot stand cats and that dislike is based on sound reasoning and experience of both animals , sorry if that upsets cat lovers and fair play to anybody who is a cat lover ,it’s they’re choice but they are not for me

On 21/09/2018 at 19:57, Archied said:

In answer to two questions ,, we keep our grass mown and tidy because as I say we use it as a play area for children , the cats just keep peeing and trying to dig it up ,they leave an area bare and poo on top and trust me we have tried everything humanely possible to stop this horrible horrible problem

awesome-laughing-cat-meme-sweet-means-no

On 21/09/2018 at 19:57, Archied said:

In answer to two questions ,, we keep our grass mown and tidy because as I say we use it as a play area for children , the cats just keep peeing and trying to dig it up ,they leave an area bare and poo on top and trust me we have tried everything humanely possible to stop this horrible horrible problem ,, 2 grew up with dogs and cats as pets so that theory doesn’t stand up , I like dogs just cannot stand cats and that dislike is based on sound reasoning and experience of both animals , sorry if that upsets cat lovers and fair play to anybody who is a cat lover ,it’s they’re choice but they are not for me

Hosepipe.

I have next door's permission to soak their cats if they are a pest, but I don't because they are so awesome.

4 hours ago, bcnram said:

I really dislike cats and cannot see the point of them as a pet.

The point of having a cat as a pet is the same as the point in having any other animal as a pet whether that's a dog, a rabbit, a snake or a tarantula - to provide them with a home and to keep them healthy, fed and watered. That's it.

Whatever you get back in return is a bonus, not the objective.

(Guide dogs aside, obviously!)

8 hours ago, bcnram said:

I really dislike cats and cannot see the point of them as a pet. I disliked Tommy Docherty more and coudn't see the point of him either.

You had Tommy Docherty as a pet?

Why didn't you take the git to the vet's at the first sign of his rabid behaviour?

Archived