Man Utd (A) Carabao Cup Tickets

David

I am hoping to get tickets for me and my son to go. He gets back the weekend before the game from 2 months travelling and then he is back to Liverpool and he works most Saturdays so probably the last chance for some father and son bonding time at a Rams game before Xmas. Will probably get in to Manchester mid afternoon, have some pre match liquid refreshment, go to the game and stay over in a premier inn or something. Expensive occasion but worth it I think.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am hoping to get tickets for me and my son to go. He gets back the weekend before the game from 2 months travelling and then he is back to Liverpool and he works most Saturdays so probably the last chance for some father and son bonding time at a Rams game before Xmas. Will probably get in to Manchester mid afternoon, have some pre match liquid refreshment, go to the game and stay over in a premier inn or something. Expensive occasion but worth it I think.

Good plan mate! Get a couple beers down 

1 hour ago, archram said:

I’m thinking this will probably be the last chance I get to go to Old Trafford, so I’m hatching a plan!

i don’t want to be out that late on my own in a strange town. I thought if I got the train to Derby and then went on the road rider, I’d be with other people so won’t feel so nervous. Then when we get back to Pride Park I can stay at the Travelodge and train home on Wednesday.

Can anyone see any flaws in that ? Apart from me being shattered for a week afterwards!

A couple of queries - what time would we expect to get back? Also, some have said it’s very high up in the stands, so do they have lifts or escalators? I can manage a couple of flights of stairs but any more and I turn into a Daley. Unless anyone could offer me a fireman’s lift?!

We were in the east stand tier two for the f.a cup. one row from the back and it’s a long way up. There is a concorce half way up to have a breather.

@archram there are definitely lifts up to the stands where we are as I remember seeing them last season. Anyone could use the lifts and the Roadrider got there pretty early so they weren't too busy.

It's a good tip to get seats near the front of the stand though as they do go back a long way. We were on the front row in Block E335 - but actually this was Row 4 as there were three covered empty rows in front of us. Great view! 

Unfortunately, I can't get to this match as I have work appointment that I can't change - would have been fine if it had been the Wednesday. Enjoy the game if you go.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

@archram there are definitely lifts up to the stands where we are as I remember seeing them last season. Anyone could use the lifts and the Roadrider got there pretty early so they weren't too busy.

It's a good tip to get seats near the front of the stand though as they do go back a long way. We were on the front row in Block E335 - but actually this was Row 4 as there were three covered empty rows in front of us. Great view! 

Unfortunately, I can't get to this match as I have work appointment that I can't change - would have been fine if it had been the Wednesday. Enjoy the game if you go.

Cant you just swap the appointment.

As I will have to swap hospital appointment.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Cant you just swap the appointment.

As I will have to swap hospital appointment.

No as it's a meeting that I am running and presenting at. They might notice if I wasn't there! 

Never mind, there's other games to look forward to and at least I will see it on tv.

Just now, angieram said:

No as it's a meeting that I am running and presenting at. They might notice if I wasn't there! 

Never mind, there's other games to look forward to and at least I will see it on tv.

Half fan

?

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Could not just move the meeting to wednesday all good then

But she is not a half fan at all

32 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Can someone bring me back a half n half scarf? Ta.?

This is gospel. Hull away last week in the league there was a bloke selling Hull / Derby half n half scalves with the play off date from a couple of years back ?not a big queue 

One of the first teams to completely devalue the competition, yet still happy to charge prices as if the match is important to them.

Fair play to Mel, once again, but I'd much rather we boycott the match and tell them to shove their tickets up their arse.

Having reasonable prices such as £10 or £15 would lead to the tickets selling out, stupid prices will just continue to devalue the competition. 

If the money is that important to Man United maybe they should consider entering the competition in the first round.

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

They were never going charge us even when hull gave it to us £9 be more takers.

People moan when say £20 plenty. None of took the offeer.

If your season ticket holder £25

There a place like that reasonable so get over it.

Come back with that argument when you have a family.

What may be a £35 day out for you can be a £150 day for a family.

Shouldn't these rich clubs, to whom ticket money is peanuts, be doing more to try and get families involved instead of pricing them out of it?

Archived