Speeding

Gritstone Ram

17 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Yep it was the lack of any speed enforcement signs that pissed me off. May be they’ll put some up from the revenue they get in.

It's easy money I agree I tried to argue the toss about the lack of signage and also that how would a person hiding in a van modify my behaviour as I wouldnt know they were there so would be just as likely to speed as not.

I did also complain about the total subterfuge but just got a letter back saying happy to dicuss the above in court which, of course, I would have lost.

Couldnt afford Graham Swanns lawyer at the time so coughed up and moved on. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just assume they got you, the cameras are lazer I think now and not radar. I thought they took the average over the three pictures they take, but no, if you were speeding before you could see them but they could see you then you’ve probably been got.

I assume with you posting this thread deep down you think you were speeding. I got done twice recently, took the course first time, (that was a waste of time I hear you say) 

But, a little bird told me that all fines collected by Derbyshire fixed speed cameras now goes to central government and not the local  rozzers, this has lead to some camera not being loaded with film. (Others don’t need film btw) but I didn’t tell you all right?

Fun fact, if a driving instructor gets done for speeding he loses his instructor licence.

They have 14 days to notify you, the only exception to this is if the car you are driving is not yours, i.e they have to track you down, such as a company or fleet car etc.

I did also read once that something like 7 out of 10 people caught didnt get sent a fine because of the numbers involved, although i doubt that applies if a pervert, ooops sorry policeman jumps out of the bushes to catch you.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

They have 14 days to notify you, the only exception to this is if the car you are driving is not yours, i.e they have to track you down, such as a company or fleet car etc.

I did also read once that something like 7 out of 10 people caught didnt get sent a fine because of the numbers involved, although i doubt that applies if a pervert, ooops sorry policeman jumps out of the bushes to catch you.

Was it a hand held device?  I think you can contest them more.

Hark at Eddie on his high horse about speeding. Obviously we gets idiots speeding through estates with lots of parked cars each side  or around tight bends or over the brow of a hill.

But there are so many roads with an incorrect speed limit, and roads outside schools set at 20mph at the weekend would be such roads. If lots of people speed down a certain road that tells me the speed limit is probably set wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Was it a hand held device?  I think you can contest them more.

So what we are saying is it was a fella jumping out of a bush holding something in his hand?

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You can contest it in court where you inevitably will lose and have you fine/points doubled plus half a day off work

You can employ expensive lawyers if your lively hood is at stake.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

So what we are saying is it was a fella jumping out of a bush holding something in his hand?

Have a cold shower mate.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It was set up on the side of the road behind a bush on a corner. It wasn’t in a van it was more like a outside camera with plod behind it. I went back past about two hours later and he’d obviously made his money and gone.

Just now, Gritters said:

It was set up on the side of the road behind a bush on a corner. It wasn’t in a van it was more like a outside camera with plod behind it. I went back past about two hours later and he’d obviously made his money and gone.

Perhaps hed moved on to a more profitable bush.

30 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just assume they got you, the cameras are lazer I think now and not radar. I thought they took the average over the three pictures they take, but no, if you were speeding before you could see them but they could see you then you’ve probably been got.

I assume with you posting this thread deep down you think you were speeding. I got done twice recently, took the course first time, (that was a waste of time I hear you say) 

But, a little bird told me that all fines collected by Derbyshire fixed speed cameras now goes to central government and not the local  rozzers, this has lead to some camera not being loaded with film. (Others don’t need film btw) but I didn’t tell you all right?

Fun fact, if a driving instructor gets done for speeding he loses his instructor licence.

I honestly don’t know if I will get done or not but when I saw him then looked at my speed I was doing between 30 - 40 in a 30. I live in hope. 

5 hours ago, Gritters said:

What are the rules for these bar stewards hiding in bushes trying to catch you out? Should there be warning signs? Community concern areas near a school should the camera be set up on a Sunday when the school is closed? I wouldn’t say I drive fast but I may go over 30 mph from time to time. ?

If it's a community concern zapper its only a warning letter also if you are driving at 34mph in a 30mph zone, you will be OK  it's 35mph when you get a NIP.  Your speedo will read slightly over if your tyres are inflated correctly as well.   For the latest info go onto the pepipoo website for speeding,  bus lane and parking fine issues but be careful if you post anything because some police forces view it has well. Think if you get three warning letters the police do an investigation but not sure what investigation it would be though. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Well... If it's a bit of a motorist tax, we should all stick it to the man, by never driving above the speed limit. That'd teach them. 

In January 2018, Chief Constable Anthony Bangham called for an end to the current 10 per cent plus 2mph "buffer" used by most forces before they will prosecute a driver.

He said motorists should be fined even if they are just 1mph over the limit as he urged an end to the “soft” treatment of speeders.

Mr Bingham reportedly told the Police Federation roads policing conference: “Let’s change the message… They [drivers] need to understand the law is set at the limit for a reason.

"They should not come whinging to us about getting caught.”

Mr Bingham is the National Police Chiefs’ Council lead on road policy, but it is not yet known if police forces will follow his suggestion.

The "buffer" used as a guideline allows for sppedometer errors and lapses in drivers' concentration.

Critics said strict enforcement at 1mph over the limit would actually be more dangerous.

AA president Edmund King said: “The last thing we want is drivers glued to the speedometer 100 per cent of the time. We want drivers to concentrate on the road ahead.”

Tory MP Sir Greg Knight warned a zero tolerance approach to speeding would “make criminals of good drivers.”

The fines as a percentage of earnings can be extraordinarily high it seems to me, but yeah lets keep our eyes on the speedo...

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

He won. Drink driving charge, bang to rights. Reason was his cat was stuck under a floorboard so drove pissed to B and Q to get a screwdriver to free it. You couldn't make it up.

You shouldn't do diy when pissed. Thats how cats get stuck under floorboards. A

Archived