EU Nations league

FindernRam

6 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I'm trying to remember what happened in '66. I was a bit young then but I don't think we had in season friendlies. We picked players to fit a system they used with their clubs and look what happened.

And incidentally I find most internationals quite tedious to watch. Some pundit on Sky responding to discontent in the stands, said crowds need to understand that "its a different game at that level!". Rubbish!

Also do you really think a few minutes now, followed by 30 weeks of your club's style indoctrination, will have any bearing on performance in the summer?

England had 12 matches between October 1965 and the start of the world cup - 9 friendlies (including a tour of Scandinavia) and 3 Home Internationals.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of this means more international breaks, plus when you add in the proposed winter break it's getting hard to understand when the league games we are supposed to be interested in will actually get played. The losers in all this is domestic football, particularly "lower" league.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

All of this means more international breaks, plus when you add in the proposed winter break it's getting hard to understand when the league games we are supposed to be interested in will actually get played. The losers in all this is domestic football, particularly "lower" league.

That's a load of 'BaaLocks'. This tournament replaces friendlies, meaning there won't be "more international breaks".

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Will the fixture selection not mess with FIFA rankings? 

So what!, You don't get medals for FIFA rankings, and seeding is pretty dodgy anyway.

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

England had 12 matches between October 1965 and the start of the world cup - 9 friendlies (including a tour of Scandinavia) and 3 Home Internationals.

I stand corrected, I was only 17 at the time and we had a 14inch B&W set with bad vertical hold to watch footy on.

On 09/09/2018 at 12:23, ramit said:

i could point out that three of our best players are injured including the captain, but it's not a valid excuse for that kind of trouncing.  We have a new manager, he's a prime Swedish idiot.  It's good to have this competition to quickly get rid of him.  The schmuck humbly apologized to the fans afterwards, when he should have been furious with himself and the players and shown it.  Next up is a Belgian spanking on Tuesday.

That’s on Paul Jewell’s bucket list ?

Archived