EU Nations league

FindernRam

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it’s a great idea to be honest, all these friendlys add nothing to the calendar really. It’s alright to have them before tournaments, but what are we really gaining from holdind them just after tournaments when it’s 2 years until we have to know our team for another one? This gives something competitive to actually strive toward with something actually on the games, and hopefully it’ll become something prestigious to win with all the top teams competing in it.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think it’s a great idea to be honest, all these friendlys add nothing to the calendar really. It’s alright to have them before tournaments, but what are we really gaining from holdind them just after tournaments when it’s 2 years until we have to know our team for another one? This gives something competitive to actually strive toward with something actually on the games, and hopefully it’ll become something prestigious to win with all the top teams competing in it.

Spot on, and it gets us some more of the better countries playing each other. I can't possibly see how anyone could think it was a bad thing.

15 hours ago, wingfieldram said:

I was just checking out what channel the England game was on, only to find that its exclusive to Sky.  Is this the first time that this has happened?. Absolute disgrace.

There was an England v Ukraine qualifier that was once only available on some pay-per-view website after Setanta went bust (think they had the rights to away qualifiers or something at the time).

It's annoying it's not on normal TV, but not the first time and won't be the last as Sky have the rights for all of these League of Nations matches.

Probably a good job, don't think my blood pressure would thank me for watching Sergio Ramos fool the world into thinking he's anything other than a mediocre-at-best defender who is fortunate to have played in teams that don't have to defend too often and who is a complete jeb end.

16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

The friendlies that England have had over the last couple of years or so have been against France, Netherlands, Brazil, Germany, Italy.

Qualifying against Lithuania, Malta, Slovenia, Slovakia, Scotland.

It's not the friendlies that are the problem.

17 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

The games are more competitive. Switzerland are only beating Iceland 6-0.

i could point out that three of our best players are injured including the captain, but it's not a valid excuse for that kind of trouncing.  We have a new manager, he's a prime Swedish idiot.  It's good to have this competition to quickly get rid of him.  The schmuck humbly apologized to the fans afterwards, when he should have been furious with himself and the players and shown it.  Next up is a Belgian spanking on Tuesday.

France v Holland tell me this isn’t being taken seriously, really enjoying this. Holland always been my ‘foreign’ team. Loved the total football 74 and 78. Devastated they didn’t win either of those. Dutch No7 looks a player!! 

15 minutes ago, SKRam said:

France v Holland tell me this isn’t being taken seriously, really enjoying this. Holland always been my ‘foreign’ team. Loved the total football 74 and 78. Devastated they didn’t win either of those. Dutch No7 looks a player!! 

Frenkie de Jong plays for Ajax keep a watch for him only 21 some lovely touches 

Well this will probably be a provocative post but:

I hate international matches during the season. I watch our best players risk being injured and therefore lowering our promotion potential, for what?

True friendlies are a waste of time, League of Nations is a cobbled together money spinner for the big nations, drivel about being seeded for the Europeans is meaningless. England will never do well until we have more players in the Prem starting elevens. ( And by the way this also applies to all the home nations- but the Prem is English). So who cares if we are seeded.

Watch how many clubs next weekend will claim x,y,z were late back from duty, carrying a knock etc, as excuses why they didn't play well.

5 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Well this will probably be a provocative post but:

I hate international matches during the season. I watch our best players risk being injured and therefore lowering our promotion potential, for what?

True friendlies are a waste of time, League of Nations is a cobbled together money spinner for the big nations, drivel about being seeded for the Europeans is meaningless. England will never do well until we have more players in the Prem starting elevens. ( And by the way this also applies to all the home nations- but the Prem is English). So who cares if we are seeded.

Watch how many clubs next weekend will claim x,y,z were late back from duty, carrying a knock etc, as excuses why they didn't play well.

When would you propose international managers get to work with the players, during the summer which will give them no break?

Not a fan of the quantity but they need games together.

8 minutes ago, David said:

When would you propose international managers get to work with the players, during the summer which will give them no break?

I'm trying to remember what happened in '66. I was a bit young then but I don't think we had in season friendlies. We picked players to fit a system they used with their clubs and look what happened.

And incidentally I find most internationals quite tedious to watch. Some pundit on Sky responding to discontent in the stands, said crowds need to understand that "its a different game at that level!". Rubbish!

Also do you really think a few minutes now, followed by 30 weeks of your club's style indoctrination, will have any bearing on performance in the summer?

Archived