Birmingham City face points deduction

LB_DCFC

It’s all a load of crap. The whole set up of FFP and how the league have dished out differing punishments for those in breech of it.

there must be a better way. Well run clubs are penalised and relegated clubs from the prem don’t sort their houses out they just use the money to overspend on all the beat players making a mockery of the whole thing when they don’t get instant promotion and have to lay off the workers!

bag of poo if you ask me

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

If I remember correctly they were playing Derby last game of the season and it looked like they'd go down anyway so they went into administration in the morning of the game or the day before to try and get the points deducted that season but the football league gave it to them the following season instead.

And oh how they whined aabout the unfairness of it...I recall they printed a table without their deductions iin the program tthat season ??

I agree FFP is a pile of poo. When Platni set this out in 2009 while ufea president he did this to stop the likes of Abramovich bank rolling clubs. It hasnt worked really, fines on the likes of Man city are laughable and loop holes like investment, eg. Spanish government buying a plot of Real Madrid's training ground for €100 millions likewise. What was wrong with Jack Walker spending his fortune seeing his beloved blackburn win the prem? 

Most of us would do it if we were billionaires.

11 hours ago, Vulcanboy said:

But in all this ffp b******s, if championship teams comply with the reg's, how on earth are they expected to compete in the market place, against the teams with parachute payments? IMO this is one of the main factors in driving clubs to overspend & try to get on a level playingfield. 

Yep, I’ll keep banging that drum. The misuse of parachute payments are more of a problem than ffp. 

Having said that, we seem to have kept within ffp, and consistently compete at the top of the league. And there hasn’t been a season in recent memory where all three relegated clubs have even been close to all being instantly promoted.

So it can be done. 

At least if they get relegated then a whole new league of teams gets to experience their scum fans causing trouble up and down the country. 

Wasn't so long ago that Gary Rowett won the Champions League with them either didn't he? What a decline

22 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Leeds had a 10 a few years back and went down from the championship ?

Poor Luton had a 30 point reduction, and it took them out the football league, now that was hard and total out of order, pleased they are back in the football league again. As for Leeds I don't give a poo, as I hate that club with a passion.

On 07/09/2018 at 17:20, WystonRam said:

Leeds had a 10 a few years back and went down from the championship ?

It was 15 points. They purposely went into administration as they knew they were going down. The Football League then gave them the deduction the following season instead as punishment.

New rules now in place compared to QPR - Birmingham were told to cut cost as player wages are 183% of total income instead they went and offered very large transfer fees for the likes of Grabban and paid over a £ million for a left back without moving any players on - so they effectively stuck two fingers up to the EFL so they either get done or the whole thing crumbles - I think they will get done as apparently lots of other clubs have written complaints in about them

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Perhaps because the current top 4 would all then be in midtable after their deductions and the prospect of a table topping showdown between Watford and Southampton would upset the money men? ?

Allegedly of course ?

Don't all PL teams make a profit now?

Edit: Chelsea made a 14m loss in 16-17, Sunderland made a loss of 10m in 16-17, Man City broke even

Archived