What's fun in Derby

Angry Ram

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less stabbings 

Cheaper beer [make that cheaper everything]

Can drive about the place 

Seriously  I love London used to work down there 3-4 days a week greatest city in the world ,although back in the 70's and 80's Nottingham was a good shout with the men being out number 5 to 1 anorl.

• 1 month later...
On 19/11/2018 at 13:36, TomBustler1884 said:

Just seen this @Parsnip, sorry!

It's a street food market, held monthly behind the bus station in the city centre - similar to Digbeth Dining Club, Peddler Market, etc.

We are booked up for traders this year though!

Saw Tom pop up in another thread and reminded myself that I saw Bustler Market is moving from the Bus Station to John Street - what's happened there Tom? The new location looks a bit erm...out of the way? (I know it's not, but that area between the Bus Station and the Train Station isn't really the sort of place you tend to walk around looking for hipster food markets ?)

9 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Saw Tom pop up in another thread and reminded myself that I saw Bustler Market is moving from the Bus Station to John Street - what's happened there Tom? The new location looks a bit erm...out of the way? (I know it's not, but that area between the Bus Station and the Train Station isn't really the sort of place you tend to walk around looking for hipster food markets ?)

Well, Riverlights was only ever temporary and they now have somebody going in on a permanent basis which is great for the area, but means we have to move.

Trying to find somewhere else big enough, cheap enough and close enough to the city centre is incredibly difficult in Derby, John St was the only place that ticks those boxes.

It's an unusual place for it I guess in that there isn't much else out there, but you're right, its about as far from Intu as Riverlights is pretty much!

It's a good space though, and we have a lot more freedom to run various different events and try a few things out, plus it's in a great spot for people going from town to the match.

Hopefully people follow us to John St, it will keep going as long as people keep coming, but would be a shame to lose it from Derby imo, something a bit different after all.

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Well, Riverlights was only ever temporary and they now have somebody going in on a permanent basis which is great for the area, but means we have to move.

Trying to find somewhere else big enough, cheap enough and close enough to the city centre is incredibly difficult in Derby, John St was the only place that ticks those boxes.

It's an unusual place for it I guess in that there isn't much else out there, but you're right, its about as far from Intu as Riverlights is pretty much!

It's a good space though, and we have a lot more freedom to run various different events and try a few things out, plus it's in a great spot for people going from town to the match.

Hopefully people follow us to John St, it will keep going as long as people keep coming, but would be a shame to lose it from Derby imo, something a bit different after all.

Thanks for the update - I totally agree that it would be a real shame for it to stop. I've been to most of them and know a few people who have worked it. I love it (even the ones where the licensing went a bit pear-shaped and you had to get creative with the way people bought booze ?)

I for one shall be carrying the flame and trying to get as many of my friends to keep going

Decent location for pissheads heading back to the train station tbf.

We are out all day for the Millwall match so will call in after the game for an hour or two.

Now I've said that we will beat Soton and will be playing Tottenham away in the 4th Round of the Cup.?

16 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Decent location for pissheads heading back to the train station tbf.

We are out all day for the Millwall match so will call in after the game for an hour or two.

Now I've said that we will beat Soton and will be playing Tottenham away in the 4th Round of the Cup.?

You’ll have to pay t’get in thanoz! 

Archived