Lifetime achievement award.

Rev

Given the news that HRH Charles, the Prince of Wales and hereditary owner of Devon and Cornwall, has been awarded GQ's Lifetime achievement award for his services to charity, what award would you bestow upon yourself for doing absolutely the bare minimum people expect given your position?

Have you gone over and above the call of duty by getting a taxi to work when you've got a massive hangover, instead of calling in sick, or even worse getting the missus to do it, perhaps?

Maybe you've worked for a massive knob of a boss, but instead of telling him what you think you've kept quiet and put food on the family table?

Perhaps you're a tradesman who when faced with a customer who obviously doesn't have a clue, decides to charge a fair price rather that what you think you can get away with?

If so, nominate yourself here, after all if a bloke who's never put on his socks or underwear can get an award for his charity work, why shouldn't you?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also like a lifetime achievement award for my services towards the forestry commission for all the carbon dioxide i exhale which feeds trees. 

Just now, Paul71 said:

I would also like a lifetime achievement award for my services towards the forestry commission for all the carbon dioxide i exhale which feeds trees. 

Breathing is important, and well worth recognition.

I've subsided the local garages for years. Another £1400 bill today. 

Another over £2k within a couple of weeks.

give me that award!

i'm running out of money.

On 07/09/2018 at 21:08, reveldevil said:

Alfa or Volvo?

Often its not the manufacturer its the shoddy services that occur once the car is on the streets.

I had an Alfa 156 in 2003, lovely new car.

On about 40000 miles it just died one day, the result of a snapped cambelt.

Needed a whole new top half of engine,  thankfully covered in warranty. 

But on investigation i discovered that it was commonplace. So gave it a bad name. But further investigation showed at 36000 service cam belt should be inspected and replaced if required.

Then discovered cowboy service engineers,  even though working for main dealer considered an inspection as being taking the top off and inspecting a 5cm length of the cambelt.

A proper inspection actually required removal and if you are going to remove you may aswell put a new one on 

I was lucky but them cutting corners could no doubt have cost people lots of money and contributed to the bad name alfa have.

44 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Often its not the manufacturer its the shoddy services that occur once the car is on the streets.

I had an Alfa 156 in 2003, lovely new car.

On about 40000 miles it just died one day, the result of a snapped cambelt.

Needed a whole new top half of engine,  thankfully covered in warranty. 

But on investigation i discovered that it was commonplace. So gave it a bad name. But further investigation showed at 36000 service cam belt should be inspected and replaced if required.

Then discovered cowboy service engineers,  even though working for main dealer considered an inspection as being taking the top off and inspecting a 5cm length of the cambelt.

A proper inspection actually required removal and if you are going to remove you may aswell put a new one on 

I was lucky but them cutting corners could no doubt have cost people lots of money and contributed to the bad name alfa have.

My work mate had a GTV with the 3.2 engine. After 18 months of ownership with the car being off the road for repair as much as on it, he finally snapped when qouted £3000ish to change the clutch! Apparently to change the clutch in a GTV you first have to remove the engine!

Lesson learned, he traded it in for a year old MiTo, which is a lot newer,and a lot slower but just as shoddily built.

Idiot.

Archived